Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help getting new Wiki accounts

Posted by MattMoses 
Help getting new Wiki accounts
March 17, 2016 08:28PM
If you would like a RepRap Wiki account and you do not have one already, please send a PM to MattMoses or DeuxVis or thejollygrimreaper and we can set one up for you.

In the PM please include a valid email address and your desired username for the wiki account.

At the moment, the only way to get a new wiki account is to have an admin set one up for you manually. We have been having trouble with spam on the wiki, and for this reason new account creation has been limited. The spam problem is ongoing and we are still fine-tuning our response, so please be patient. smiling smiley
Re: Help getting new Wiki accounts
May 23, 2016 12:58PM
I see reason for limit new account creation. OK. But pls, put 'Create account' button with link not to create account form but to explanation page.
I did 15 minutes of futile search on all possible wiki pages - it's Log in button here, it must be Create account button somewhere too, IMHO.
June 09, 2016 07:39PM
zio.pietro
I see reason for limit new account creation. OK. But pls, put 'Create account' button with link not to create account form but to explanation page.
I did 15 minutes of futile search on all possible wiki pages - it's Log in button here, it must be Create account button somewhere too, IMHO.
I have the same problem
July 13, 2016 12:05PM
zio.pietro

Agreed. I created an account and spent 15 or 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't add the description for M100, G27 and G26.
September 21, 2016 12:38PM
I agree with the obstacles for a new account. It makes the wiki less prone to occasional disruptions. This is very important because the reprap wiki is also a repository of prior art information against patents. The more difficult it is to modify the contents, the more reliable and court-friendly the information is.
February 17, 2017 05:14AM
Making something difficult is not a particularly good way to mitigate integrity.
Surely version control, and peer review is better.
June 23, 2017 06:49PM
So it is difficult to get accounts in wikis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login