Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing Additional Axes in 7 Axis Machine Issue and Checksum Errors

Posted by kent16 
Homing Additional Axes in 7 Axis Machine Issue and Checksum Errors
March 08, 2016 06:23PM
Since I needed to simultaneously move two separate gantries, I edited the marlin firmware so that it would support additional axis (x,y,z,e,u,v,w). I am now having issues with homing the V and W axis (homing of U is not needed). I am getting no response when I enter G28 V or G28 W. However, entering G28 causes homing of the X,Y,Z axis; this tells me it is recognizing the V axis, but not initiating the movement for whatever reason. I think the error is in the homeaxis function (marlin_main.cpp line~1180); the only other possible area is the case G28 section (marlin_main.cpp line~1437). I do recognize I can use the G1 command to move the V and W axis until the endstop is hit; then use the command G92 to simulate homing for these axis. My ability to not locate the error is just bothering me. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

In a separate issue, I am getting errors in the repetier-host log that don't seem to be affecting anything as of right now. The three errors that pop up spontaneously are: 1.) "No checksum with line number" ; 2.) "Line Number is not last line number" and 3.) "Checksum mismatch". These errors are being activated from the get_command function (marlin_main.cpp line~673). Should I be concerned with these errors? How would I go about fixing it?

Some other information that might be helpful is that I am using repetier-host as my software and my board is an AZTEEG X3 PRO. I attached marlin firmware files that I feel might be relevant. I appreciate any help or feedback that anyone might provide.
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin_main.cpp (156.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (36.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (22.2 KB)
open | download - stepper.cpp (49.4 KB)
open | download - pins.h (79.6 KB)
Re: Homing Additional Axes in 7 Axis Machine Issue and Checksum Errors
April 29, 2016 08:02PM
Modifying Line 1214 in marlin_main.cpp enabled me to fix the homing issue though the solution is non-ideal. Any idea why the second line below is causing the previously mentioned issue? Here it is:
destination[axis] = 750 * -1; //this works for some odd reason
// destination[axis] = 1.5 * max_length(axis) * axis_home_dir; //this does not work; not creating array like it is supposed to?

When I hit G28, all the axis home. the v and w axis are at a random number so I have to manually reset them to zero using G92.

In a possibly related issue, the repetier-host software running this 7 axis board tends to freeze up every once in a while. It occurs even more so when I have another repetier-host open and controlling a separate 5 axis board. My baud rate is 250,000. I realize that increasing this might help, but I figured I would at least mention it.
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin_main.cpp (156.6 KB)
Re: Homing Additional Axes in 7 Axis Machine Issue and Checksum Errors
April 30, 2016 10:38AM
Most likely you missed some code in another source file. I would say somewhere the info max_length(axis) needs is not being set correctly.

If you are having communication errors, setting a lower baud rate will help. Not all hardware will work fine at 250000, so set it to 115200.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login