Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder motor not running while printing

Posted by hmcclint 
Extruder motor not running while printing
February 01, 2016 10:35AM
Hi!
I have an Ormerod 2 and have it set to extrude using a paste extruder instead of the ABS/PLA. When I manually extrude using Pronterface, the motor works fine, but when I send a print from the SD card, the nozzle moves as if it's printing, but the extruder motor doesn't turn. Do you have any suggestions? It's connected by USB as well as to a power supply so I think it should be getting enough current.
Re: Extruder motor not running while printing
February 01, 2016 12:05PM
What firmware? I don't know if pronterface can override it, but marlin firmware has a temperature cutoff below which the extruder will not run.
February 01, 2016 12:19PM
It's 1.09. I just started commissioning the printer so it's the newest one on GitHub.
February 01, 2016 12:28PM
I'm not sure what a paste extruder is. Does it require heat? If not, then Marlin is probably preventing the extruder from moving due to the temperature constraint.

Look for EXTRUDE_MINTEMP in Configuration.h. It is set to 170 by default I think. Set it to 0 to disable.
February 01, 2016 12:32PM
Here's what I have for the paste extruder:
[reprappro.com]

I have a file that's config.g that seems to have all the parameters, where would I find configuration.h?
February 01, 2016 12:41PM
In the instructions here: [reprappro.com] they tell you to add some g-code in the config.g and one of those is to allow cold extrudes. Have you done this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login