Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBP M3 Screw question.

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
HBP M3 Screw question.
January 24, 2016 08:24AM
I am trying to figure out how to keep the screw(s) from turning when you are turning the thumbscrew on the bottom of the Y plate? Right now it takes a hex key/Allen wrench to keep it from turning and another hand to turn the thumbscrew that adjusts the bed up and down which means I need a third hand so I can use the depth gauge/piece of paper under the nozzle at the same time I am adjusting it. How can I lock that screw into place so it will not turn when I am turning the thumbscrew?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 08:25AM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: HBP M3 Screw question.
January 25, 2016 12:26AM
Aluminum nuts and JB Weld. I sliced an aluminum standoff into 1/4 inch pieces on my lathe. Or if there is room, Nylock Pem Nuts pressed into the plate.
January 25, 2016 06:38AM
elwood127
Aluminum nuts and JB Weld. I sliced an aluminum standoff into 1/4 inch pieces on my lathe. Or if there is room, Nylock Pem Nuts pressed into the plate.
I don't have a lathe but that bed gets pretty hot there. Too bad this is the one piece of the printer that is the biggest PITA.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
February 04, 2016 03:52PM
I find it easiest to use a nyloc nut to secure the bolt to the aluminum plate. Then you can just adjust the top wing nut or standard nut
February 04, 2016 06:28PM
I ended up doing it like this and it worked - Screw,washer,HPB,washer,Nyloc, washer,Stiff spring, washer, Y plate, washer, m3 jam nut (I will probably add another jam nut, or two, below it). Worked beautifully and leveling the bed was so so so much easier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2016 06:29PM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login