Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will makers spark the next Industrial Revolution?

Posted by Donocars 
Will makers spark the next Industrial Revolution?
October 17, 2015 12:55PM
Greetings Makers:

I’m conducting research about the maker culture and the maker movement. In this regard, if anyone could take a few minutes to answer any or all of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to provide any more information about your opinions or concerns related to the maker movement. You can either reply here or send your answers to donocars AT gmail DOT com.

1. Do you think the maker movement will evolve into a new Industrial Revolution? If so, what do you expect will be the catalyst for such a revolution?

2. Can you tell me your opinion about the maker movement as it is today, and what it will be in the future (say five, ten, or fifteen years from now)?

3. What sort of things have you made?

4. How do you communicate and interact with other makers? How often?

5. What do you think it takes to be a successful maker?

6. Where do you consider the hub of the maker movement to be?

7. Who do you think stands out most, as leaders, in the maker culture?

8. Where do you see yourself within the maker world?

9. Do you believe that the maker movement will have any major effect on the economy or the world in general? To what extent?

10. Do you see any pitfalls, obstacles, or shortcomings for the maker movement?

11. What are your thoughts on openly sharing technological information?

12. Do you have any advice for current and future makers?

Thank you in advance for your participation.
Re: Will makers spark the next Industrial Revolution?
October 17, 2015 05:46PM
I sincerely hope that Makers will lead the next industrial revolution but this article makes some quite convincing points about why they won't.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Re: Will makers spark the next Industrial Revolution?
October 17, 2015 09:08PM
Definitely yes under the right circumstances. Like if a worldwide nuclear war would start. Makers would be scavenging for plastic waste that would get to be made into a filament and things like gun parts would be made out of them. Enjoy my imagination spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login