Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting Mechanical and Induction Endstops to Megatronics V3

Posted by Outbound 
Connecting Mechanical and Induction Endstops to Megatronics V3
October 13, 2015 02:07PM
Greetings,

In my ongoing saga to replace the native controller on my Leapfrog Creatr with a Megatronics V3 I'm now down to the endstop connections.

To which lead (+,- and S) on the Megatronics' board do I connect the COMMON and NC wires?

And for the induction sensor for the Z axis that only has a single wire, do I just connect it to the S lead on the board? Do I need to configure the firmware for the induction sensor as per an optical sensor, or does the induction sensor merely close a circuit by itself and act like a mechanical endstop signal?

Any help appreciated.
Re: Connecting Mechanical and Induction Endstops to Megatronics V3
October 13, 2015 02:38PM
I think I might have found an answer to my problem:

[smoothieware.org]

So unless I got this backwards I connect C on endstop to S on board and NC on endstop to - on board.

Please confirm. I'm deadly afraid of screwing up my Megatronics because of something as stupid as reverse polarity.
October 19, 2015 09:46AM
Update:

I thought that the Induction end-stop only had one wire since only it was connected to the original board. Turns out the + and - terminals are directly to the power supply (so I'm guessing it works on 24v). Therefore I'm taking it that the sole wire connected to the board goes into the signal (S) connection the the Megatronics, and the firmware has to be configured to work as a optical end-stop.
March 01, 2016 08:10PM
Alright, if anyone cares to know, basically all I had to do was leave the induction sensor connected to the power supply and then connect the remaining wire (which was connected to the Creatr board) to the (-) pin for the -Z on the Megatronics.
November 08, 2016 02:41PM
How may I set an endstop as an optical endstop?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login