Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LLDPE

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
LLDPE
October 10, 2007 07:55AM
Has anyone tried using LLDPE ?

I can get it in 3mm, in 12 different colours.

Wondered if we would have to modify any settings etc.

According to the very helpful person on the phone - LLDPE can be made (should I hear that as melted ?) into LDPE but not the other way around.

I was discussing this with BarryGlen today and we thought that perhaps it would work fine.

As an afterthought, I think it may need a higher feedstock rate if it is a lower density before becoming (melted into ?) LDPE.

Please - any comments or full dissertations would be welcome

Who wouldn't want to print in RED for instance ? lol
VDX
Re: LLDPE
October 10, 2007 08:01AM
Hi Richard,

... maybe this source ( [www.orbi-tech.de] ) is a usefull hint?

Viktor
Anonymous User
October 10, 2007 08:09AM
Viktor,

That site ahd about the same information as the helpful person I spoke to on the phone here in Australia.

Have you tried using LLDPE ?

It's that it's a bit more difficult for us to get LDPE in anything other than neutral. We had hoped we'd found something we could use
VDX
October 10, 2007 08:26AM
Hi Richard,

... no, the only molding plastic i used until now, was my glue-stick ...

Actually i'm on dispensing of pastes (glass- and gold-powder in dexpanthenol) at room-temp and then drying, sintering and melting the paste to solid with a diode-laser of maybe 6Watts output-power.

The amount is not so big, i have to coat an area of 150x300 microns, so it's not the best way to reprapping ...

This is an actual developing-project in my day-work, but this approach i will testing in the next weeks with my home-brewed-system with an 1Watt-diode-laser too.

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login