Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3Dlite6 and Wades: leaving out the filament collet

Posted by RRuser 
E3Dlite6 and Wades: leaving out the filament collet
August 17, 2015 06:50AM
When trying to fit the E3Dlite6 into a Wades, the filament collet gets in the way a little:
[wiki.e3d-online.com]

Some say to leave it off if the PTFE has a good fit in the Wades. It seems however, that if you can slide the PTFE up into the Wades, that after many retractions the liner might slip upwards. Does this happen? Or should the Wades be modded a bit to be able to take the collet?
Re: E3Dlite6 and Wades: leaving out the filament collet
August 17, 2015 06:14PM
I'd definitely mod the Wades to take the collet. It's a slight modification. I've created a belt-driven extruder based on the Wade's and incorporated a mod to allow the collet to be used, plus it allows the PTFE to go straight up to just below the hobbed bolt, making printing with flexible filament a doodle.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 18, 2015 07:48AM
Well the liner does already go right up to the hobbed bolt, and the supplier says to not use the collet (he show pics of needing pliers to move the liner up and down). My liner slides more easily, so without the collet, I may need to roughen up the hole the liner slides into so as to keep the liner in place.

Or just use the collet.
August 19, 2015 09:57PM
Well it turned out that the liner slipped upwards. So, I modded the extruder to accept the collet, but the liner slipped again even with the collet.

The liner seemed very tight in the extruder, and the collet sure seemed to hold it, but it still got pulled up.
August 21, 2015 06:21AM
Well the solution was to melt the top part of the passage closed where the liner goes though, then drill a hole just big enough for the filament only. This keeps the liner down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login