Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huge heated bed?

Posted by demongimp 
Huge heated bed?
July 23, 2015 08:15PM
Has anyone ever etch there own board? I have just finished my new printer and the 200x200 bed I have just isn't going to cut it. I really need one like around 400x400. I'm parity good at etching so thought this would be a good idea. Any thoughts on this would be great. Power is not a problem, I'm using a 1000 watt psu set up with a solid state relay. Main board is arduino with ramps 1.4.
Re: Huge heated bed?
July 24, 2015 04:17AM
Best option for a large heated bed is an aluminum tool plate (with or without glass on top) with an AC mains powered silicone heater underneath. You can get the heater made to your specifications by these people [www.aliexpress.com]. Obviously you need to take certain safety precautions using AC mains power, especially if the bed moves.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Huge heated bed?
July 24, 2015 11:15PM
That is weird...I just tried to order that heat pad and was told they can't ship to Washington State 'for legal reasons'. At least when I tried the two inexpensive shipping options. After that the shipping cost rises to $145 using DHL, then it just gets worse!
For those with poor geography sense, Washington State is in the NW corner of US.
grrr...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login