Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Melzi 2.0 Board defective?

Posted by llotek 
New Melzi 2.0 Board defective?
July 05, 2015 04:19PM
SO, I mangaed to short out my old Melzi 2.0 Board when adjusting the amperage on the pots...stupid me...i had another new board kicking around so didnt think it would be an issue...I swapped out the boards, but now when i power it on, the led flashes a couple times, the fan starts up, then it stops and the led turns solid...the board wont connect to the software, though it does make the connection sound via usb to the laptop...is this maybe a firmware issue(Maybe the firmware wasnt loaded on the board that i bought)..any suggestions? and Thank you in advance
Re: New Melzi 2.0 Board defective?
July 06, 2015 04:45PM
you problaby need to check the firmware. find out what was the old firmware and see if you can find it and reinstall inside the board. i have a Melzi v2.0 from geeetech printer Awordnet A600 firmware repitier, i think not sure.

check this out for more detail

melzi wiki info

video for repitier firmware
repitier firmware video

i have a problem with my melzi v2.0 board. i can print small object but when i start to print 4 to 5 inch object start to get z-offset after 10 to 15 layer of printng ?? all my belts are good nothing loose and i thing the board going bad .
July 22, 2015 02:31PM
thanks for the quick response...been learning how to load the firmware via marlin etc..getting there...ended up swapping the board again with another just to get my printer up and running, now going to try and connect it via usb to my laptop, with no other wires attached, see if my laptop will recognize and connect then...thanks again for the help
July 22, 2015 03:26PM
magnetos
you problaby need to check the firmware. find out what was the old firmware and see if you can find it and reinstall inside the board. i have a Melzi v2.0 from geeetech printer Awordnet A600 firmware repitier, i think not sure.

check this out for more detail

melzi wiki info

video for repitier firmware
repitier firmware video

i have a problem with my melzi v2.0 board. i can print small object but when i start to print 4 to 5 inch object start to get z-offset after 10 to 15 layer of printng ?? all my belts are good nothing loose and i thing the board going bad .

i just unistall the latest software to 3dprint object "Cura and Repitier-host" and reinstall the old version and so far i printed 3 object with out any problem. something on the new software cause the x-offset. ???eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login