Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't define multiple extruders Marlin

Posted by ConanE 
Can't define multiple extruders Marlin
June 04, 2015 09:59PM
Hello all, I've been trying to make a custom 3D printer, and my hardware as of right now consists of an Azteeg X3 Pro board with SureStepr drivers from Panucatt Devices, as well as a ViKI LCD screen. I'm using the Marlin firmware. If I try to change #define EXTRUDERS 1 to any larger integer, arduino comes up with an error. Unfortunately, I'm posting this from my phone so I can't provide the error logs, but I'll attach them ASAP. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Can't define multiple extruders Marlin
June 04, 2015 10:32PM
I'm getting the same error. Just downloaded Marlin from github and installed the latest Arduino SDK.

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

temperature.cpp: In function 'void manage_heater()':
temperature.cpp:665: error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'POINTER_REGS'
}
^
temperature.cpp:665: error: this is the insn:
(insn 98 97 100 4 (set (reg/vconfused smileyF 103 [ pid_input ])
(memconfused smileyF (post_inc:HI (reg:HI 141 [ ivtmp.170 ])) [4 MEM[base: _101, offset: 0B]+0 S4 A8])) temperature.cpp:449 99 {*movsf}
(expr_list:REG_INC (reg:HI 141 [ ivtmp.170 ])
(nil)))
temperature.cpp:665: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
unable to find a register to spill in class 'POINTER_REGS'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
June 04, 2015 11:01PM
Compiled fine with Arduino 1.0.4 on my old laptop.
June 05, 2015 03:53AM
ConanE
Hello all, I've been trying to make a custom 3D printer, and my hardware as of right now consists of an Azteeg X3 Pro board with SureStepr drivers from Panucatt Devices, as well as a ViKI LCD screen. I'm using the Marlin firmware. If I try to change #define EXTRUDERS 1 to any larger integer, arduino comes up with an error. Unfortunately, I'm posting this from my phone so I can't provide the error logs, but I'll attach them ASAP. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

There is a line in configuration-h that might help:
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E

-Olaf
June 05, 2015 02:20PM
Jason_WI
I'm getting the same error. Just downloaded Marlin from github and installed the latest Arduino SDK.

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

temperature.cpp: In function 'void manage_heater()':
temperature.cpp:665: error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'POINTER_REGS'
}
^
temperature.cpp:665: error: this is the insn:
(insn 98 97 100 4 (set (reg/vconfused smileyF 103 [ pid_input ])
(memconfused smileyF (post_inc:HI (reg:HI 141 [ ivtmp.170 ])) [4 MEM[base: _101, offset: 0B]+0 S4 A8])) temperature.cpp:449 99 {*movsf}
(expr_list:REG_INC (reg:HI 141 [ ivtmp.170 ])
(nil)))
temperature.cpp:665: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
unable to find a register to spill in class 'POINTER_REGS'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

This is definitely the same error code I got. If it's relevant to anyone viewing this thread, I posted another thread under "RepRappers" about essentially the same problem before realizing that my problem belonged under "general". That post can be found here: [forums.reprap.org]
June 05, 2015 03:51PM
Jason_WI
Compiled fine with Arduino 1.0.4 on my old laptop.

I just downgraded from 1.6.4 to 1.0.6, as I had successfully verified the code on 1.0.6 previously, and tried to upload it. Although the IDE does recognize that nothing is wrong, there is a timeout in the upload and it does not complete.

Jason put up the correct error report, and the first error it gives is in "void manage_heater", but I can't find the conflict. Marlin is obviously capable of handling 3 extruders, everywhere says that it does, but for whatever reason I can't get this to work. Should I maybe try messing with Repetier instead of Marlin? Or is this a classic case of I'm too oblivious to see an obvious #define statement?
August 19, 2015 05:51PM
On another forum I was told that this is a compiler error. Is this a new issue. Anyone out there With a delta dual extruder on a ramps 1.4 that works ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login