Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual nozzle 3d printer

Posted by Acerturne 
Dual nozzle 3d printer
May 29, 2015 12:59PM
Hi everyone

I'm jay an new to 3d printing an iv got myself a ctc replicator 2 an its not to bad but I want to build myself a new dual nozzle printer my question is really is there any design of dual nozzle printer "can't seem to find them sad smiley" or would anyone like to join my in building an designing dual nozzle printer smiling smiley
Thanks for reading

Jay
Re: Dual nozzle 3d printer
May 29, 2015 01:29PM
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forum. You can add dual extruders to most cartesian printers fairly easily, and some CTC replicators come with them, e.g.

(from ebay listing [www.ebay.ca] so image will probably disappear at some point)

You can probably add a second extruder to your existing printer more easily than building from scratch, but maybe there are other things you want to achieve at the same time?

Regards,
James.
May 29, 2015 01:34PM
RepRapPro has a 2-nozzle upgrade to their Ormerod printer, and they do a 3-nozzle Mendel kit. But as JamesK said, it's not difficult to add dual nozzle capability to most Cartesian printers, if the electronics supports it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 29, 2015 07:07PM
Thank you both for your help like I said I'm new to till but its so much fun just a lot to take in lol
August 24, 2015 12:26PM
Looking at upgrading the main bored an nozzles now what can you recommended ??
August 24, 2015 12:38PM
Acerturne
Looking at upgrading the main bored an nozzles now what can you recommended ??

My choice for the electronics would be Duet 0.8.5 from T3P3. For the nozzles, if I were building a new printer I would try the E3D Chimera.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 24, 2015 01:05PM
The E3D Chimera nozzles do look great but I'm not sure about Duet 0.8.5 will do some research on it thanks smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login