Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

e3d Bowden

Posted by Fuselium 
e3d Bowden
May 20, 2015 01:33PM
Hey RepRappers,

i have a e3d v6 hotend for direct extruder and want to upgrade to a bowden extruder version. Do you know where i can get this clip from?

Thanx
Re: e3d Bowden
May 20, 2015 03:55PM
How about the fine people at E3D?
May 20, 2015 11:13PM
I think all you need is a Bowden tube. Just pull out the PTFE liner that comes with it and feed in the tube instead. There's no seperate pressure-fit like there is with a normal Bowden hotend, it's built into the body.
May 21, 2015 06:03AM
How to upgrade depends on the filament width. There are diagrams on [e3d-online.com].
May 21, 2015 08:39AM
Im using 1,75mm Fillament.

So i have to pull out the liner with some Kind of tool and Put in my bowden Tube right?

Thanx
June 05, 2015 01:18AM
I believe you have to press down on the ring at the top and pull the tube out. Of course, if you can't reach the tube to pull it out, you'll need some way to do that. You could probably do it by disassembling the hotend and either pushing it up through or pulling it out the bottom.

Good luck! I love my Bowden E3D, I hope you have as good an experience.
June 05, 2015 04:32PM
Fuselium
Im using 1,75mm Fillament.

So i have to pull out the liner with some Kind of tool and Put in my bowden Tube right?

Thanx

There's a little clip you need to insert which would of come with it. The metal ring screws in, then the plastic clip, clips into the ring. You remove the liner first, which is just a bit of bowden tube anyway, and then push the bowden tube all the way in.

Note: The clip can bob up and down which introduces a bit of hysteresis, so you want to find a way of raising the plastic clip with the bowden tube pushed right in to prevent this.

I used to do it by just pulling up the clip and pushing in the tube, but that didn't always stay, so eventually I used a bit of wire twisted around under the lip to keep it pulled up.
June 05, 2015 08:13PM
At the top of the extruder there is a black plastic ring, this is the thing holding in place your ptfe liner (wich as previously said is just a short bowden tube) if you press down (against the extruder metal body) the tube the liner (or bowden tube) would be release and you could extract it (you have to keep pressing the black ring, as soon as is released, the tube is against locked).

BTW: the tube is free to go if you are trying to insert it in the extruder, you only have to press the ring to extract it.

Also if you want to upgrade from the normal extruder, you need something to hold the tube at the other end (where the extruder should be) it could be another push fit connector (that is what these things are called) a simple M4 nut (that's what the standard version of the airtripper's bowden extruder uses) or a little thing sold by e3d wich have the same shape as the top of the hotend so you can use a normal extruder an fit that things in the groove like it was a normal hot end. That little thing they has a push fit connector wich would retain th the other end of the tube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login