Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

best duel extruder?

Posted by fatesalign 
best duel extruder?
May 15, 2015 09:15AM
Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a great duel extruder. And I was curious of your thoughts. I'm looking at the chimera, but I'm not sure if there are better options.
Re: best duel extruder?
May 15, 2015 04:55PM
Two E3D-lite6's? Or the Kraken?
May 15, 2015 05:07PM
I just want to find the best plug and play duel extruder around.
May 16, 2015 12:21PM
Anyone else?
May 19, 2015 05:16PM
Do you want an extruder (pushes filament) or a hotend (melts filament)? For the extruder, you have a variety of options, just look on Yeggi. For the hotend, I'd recommend a Chimaera or a pair ov e3d-lite6's.
May 19, 2015 05:33PM
epicepee
Do you want an extruder (pushes filament) or a hotend (melts filament)? For the extruder, you have a variety of options, just look on Yeggi. For the hotend, I'd recommend a Chimaera or a pair ov e3d-lite6's.
My mistake. Hot end. The chimera looks really cool, but someone said one time that's it's just like a trial for e3d, so it isn't all that reliable.
May 19, 2015 05:37PM
Then I'll pose a naive question, since I am interested in dual extrusion but I have 0 experience in this respect: why a dual extruder instead of two (good) single extruders?
May 19, 2015 06:08PM
cristian
Then I'll pose a naive question, since I am interested in dual extrusion but I have 0 experience in this respect: why a dual extruder instead of two (good) single extruders?

That is essentially what I use (2 separate hot ends), except I use a single heatsink to cool the upper ends of both nozzles. See my blog for details.

Btw unless you have a mechanism to retract the non-printing nozzle, it helps to have quite a large separation between the nozzles.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 19, 2015 08:36PM
I would just think it's easier and them being closer together let's them go further to the opposite side.
May 20, 2015 12:01PM
Separate hotends means separate heat controls. Could be useful....
May 20, 2015 12:08PM
thetazzbot
Separate hotends means separate heat controls. Could be useful....
You have separate heat controls with a duel hotend I'm sure. Otherwise, you can't use it for support material.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login