Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual bowden extrusion upgrade, help with multiply-part slicing and information about 4D printing..

Posted by dynamitetalks 
So usually I use a makerbot since I've access to one at my university, but I've a printrbot at home which haven't been in use for over a year..
I now have an idea I want to build with a dual extrusion setup, so I've decided to turn my printrbot jr into a dual bowden extruder, at the moment it is a single bowden extruder.

Have anyone experience with this and can give some tips? Parts? Links I could look into.

Today I've looked at software for printing with dual extrusion and when I want to slice two separated objects inside slic3r I can't move the second part on top of the first parts since they have to be "assembled" first, but each extrusion head should print the parts separately.

- How can this be done? Is it not posible to move an object inside slic3r along the z-axis?

Also I want to look into Material science for 4d printing with shape memory polymers does anyone know of any books or other great information besides the average public articles on 4d printing being the futureā€¦

- Looking forward to see what you more experience users have to say

Best regards Dynamitetalks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login