Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting "Path Width" and Motor RPM in ReplicatorG

Posted by GuardAlpaca 
Setting "Path Width" and Motor RPM in ReplicatorG
April 13, 2015 09:14PM
Hello all,
I am a graduate student from the University of Wisconsin Madison doing research on FDM 3D printing. For my research, I am looking for a way to set, among other things, the "path width" (not technically the bead width, but rather how far apart the nozzle is on parallel passes during lines of infill), and extruder motor rpm (or some other way to numerically set the polymer flow rate). So far I have been able to read out values for each of these by deciphering the gcode, but I am unable to set them.
I have so far found the unitless integer "flowrate" in replicatorG, but I have no idea what that equates to numerically. What is the function that replicatorG and skeinforge use convert that into E extrude values, and what other parameters might that also affect?
I have also noticed that changing the nozzle diameter can change the "path width", but I again do not know what other parameters that that might set (does nozzle diameter come into play in the extrude values as well?)
So does anybody know either how to set these, or if it is possible to set them in any other software?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login