Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Understanding web interfaces

Posted by csambrook 
Understanding web interfaces
April 12, 2015 06:36PM
Firstly, I'm glad to say that my Huxley is now going so well that I've started to look at the little niggles rather than having to fix the big issues. Thanks especially to dc42 for his help.

I print from SD card, largely because it seems like one less thing to go wrong during the print. I use the web interface which came with the software for the Huxley and it works great except for one small detail. The print status page shows a percentage complete which updates as the print progresses and it has fields for durations and estimated end times but these don't update at all. Is this to be expected because I'm printing from SD card or is it fixable.

I should say I've had a play with other web interfaces which look similar but I'm really confused, even about which on is which. The one I saw recently posted as the "lastest" appears to be for a 5 head printer which makes it very confusing and busy.

Oh, and please tell me to put this post somewhere else if there's somewhere more appropriate.

--
Calvin
Re: Understanding web interfaces
April 12, 2015 06:45PM
Hi Calvin,

The estimated end times should update. Which web interface are you using? The one I now recommend is DuetWebControl, available here [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2015 07:03PM
dc42
Hi Calvin,

The estimated end times should update. Which web interface are you using? The one I now recommend is DuetWebControl, available here [github.com].

Hmm, I think that's the one I tried that had multiple heaters. Assuming I'm doing it right it only loads the page occasionally and even then takes forever. That's on Chrome by the way.
I am right in thinking I just copy all the files into a directory on the SD card called "www"?
April 12, 2015 07:19PM
csambrook
dc42
Hi Calvin,

I am right in thinking I just copy all the files into a directory on the SD card called "www"?

You need to copy all the files and all the subfolders and their contents into /www. I normally do it via FTP to save taking the SD card out. When you connect to the printer, it should show just one heater plus the bed, assuming you have only one tool configured. The rows for the other possible heaters should disappear..

If you have trouble with DuetWebControl, then you could try my (older) web interface, available at [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login