Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed leveling?

Posted by fatesalign 
Auto Bed leveling?
April 12, 2015 12:34AM
Hello, I really appreciate all the help I've gotten so far, and I apologize if I've asked too many questions, but I had one last one. How exactly does the auto bed leveling work? The printer I'm looking at is an i3 with auto bed leveling as an add on for $40. I saw a video, and it showed the print head going to all 4 corners, but I don't understand. Does it tell you which corner to screw in more/less or does it do it automatically or what? I've only ever owned a printrbot simple, so I'm very unfamiliar with auto bed leveling, but it's definitely something I want because I could never get my printer perfectly leveled for bigger prints. It would always come up before the print was done because it wasn't level. Thank you for any help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2015 12:35AM by fatesalign.
Re: Auto Bed leveling?
April 12, 2015 12:38PM
any ideas?
April 12, 2015 12:45PM
Auto bed leveling/zeroing measures the location and tilt of the bed, then the firmware compensates for the tilt by running the Z axis screws continuously as the machine prints. It essentially tilts the print in software to match the tilt of the bed.
April 12, 2015 01:48PM
the_digital_dentist
Auto bed leveling/zeroing measures the location and tilt of the bed, then the firmware compensates for the tilt by running the Z axis screws continuously as the machine prints. It essentially tilts the print in software to match the tilt of the bed.
That makes sense. Thank you very much!
April 12, 2015 01:49PM
I opted for a different approach - I took time to ensure that my machine was totally level and not leaning using a set square etc. I then fixed the heat bed and use a hall effect endstop on the Z Axis which can be adjusted by a potentiometer for micro adjustments. Works a treat and I haven't had to level the bed for ages,.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login