Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta printer help!

Posted by Beng_ 
Delta printer help!
April 11, 2015 01:03AM

I am new to 3d printing and I have a problem!
In the image above there are certain positions. The nozzle is the correct height from the bed in positions X, Y and Z.\
But when it goes the the position F it llifts about 1mm off the bed. In the positions L and R it digs into the bed.

What would be my problem here? Please help.
Re: Delta printer help!
April 11, 2015 04:10AM
I assume you have done basic 4-factor delta calibration so that the nozzle is also the correct height at position C. You problem is that the towers are either not at the corners of an equilateral triangle, or are leaning. I had this problem (leaning towers) on my Mini Kossel build, although the height error was less (0.3mm). I solved it by implementing a 7-factor auto calibration algorithm, as described at [forums.reprap.org].

Preferably, you should identify what is wrong with your build, and correct it. Depending on what firmware you are running, there may be an auto calibration option you can use in that firmware. Otherwise, try adjusting the Y position of the Z tower in the firmware settings.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 13, 2015 02:47AM
Thankyou. I found that my Z tower is leaning quite a bit. Thankyou for the help!
April 13, 2015 04:10PM
Leaning towers? Are delta printers Italian?
April 14, 2015 09:15AM
Kurzaa
Leaning towers? Are delta printers Italian?

Ha. I see what you did there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login