Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Due - Shields

Posted by BigRepRap 
Arduino Due - Shields
April 09, 2015 10:48AM
I'm struggling to find Arduino Due compatible shields due to the 3.3v connection.

So far I've only found RADDS and RAMPS-FD as compatible with the Due, which are not easy to buy either (if anyone knows a reliable provider please contact me), however none of them come CE certified, does anyone knows by any chance where to find a CE certified shield featuring the same characteristics as the RADDS or RAMPS-FD.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Arduino Due - Shields
April 09, 2015 11:06AM
Smart ramps [www.aliexpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 11:07AM by cxandy.

New 32 bit ARM based Motion controller for 3D printers, CNC Machines and Laser cutters. Like Azteeg x5 mini or smoothieboard(no network).
AZSMZ Mini [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com]
AZSMZ 12864 LCD [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
SMART RAMPS [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
[www.facebook.com]
April 09, 2015 11:14AM
Thanks for the info!

I found the RAMPS-FD However I cannot find the Radds 1.2v in aliexpress, the one you presented looks like the ramps 1.4 for the Arduino Mega 2560.
April 09, 2015 03:56PM
cxandy
Smart ramps [www.aliexpress.com]
Do you have one of those? I'm curious what MOSFETs they are using and how they are driving them.
April 11, 2015 05:02AM
AFAIK the ramps fd isnt ready. Geeetech sells one but look at the comments on the page and what google says. Its in beta and geetech also made some component choices that were called into question.

I guess it will take half a year more for that to be out. In the meantime I was looking at the "DUET" that at least not as expensive an Azteeg or smoothieboard.
April 11, 2015 05:23AM
sungod3k
In the meantime I was looking at the "DUET" that at least not as expensive an Azteeg or smoothieboard.

The Duet is based on the Arduino Due design, but unlike the Due it makes use of the Ethernet capability of the mcu (I really can't understand why the Arduino Due uses an Ethernet-capable chip but doesn't provide an Ethernet port). So you get an excellent web interface and fast file upload via HTTP or FTP as a bonus.

If you are building a delta, the firmware for the Duet supports segmentation-free delta kinematics, and fast 7-factor delta calibration from a single set of about ten Z-probe points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 05:23AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2015 08:03AM
Arduino boards and shieds do not fall in any of the lists of products requiring CE certification from my understanding:
[www.ce-marking.org]
April 13, 2015 06:48AM
Hi!

Thanks everybody for the help. The arduinos are all CE certified but the shields are not, I have started looking at Azteegs and the smoothie board. I know that the Azteegs are not CE certified however they can be found on the Gigabot and distributed in Europe which it cannot understand how. I dont know about the smoothie board so I will asked them.

My main priority is to find a CE certified board, shield or all together, money is not an issue as long as we stay in the three figures, so if anyone knows of a more professional solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
April 13, 2015 06:58AM
the ramps 1.4.2 for 200€ from german reprap might have it and the equally prices ultimaker board from their shop could also be a candidate
April 13, 2015 08:46AM
If you are looking to build a printer that can be CE cerified - in particular, in respect of electromagnetic emissions - then talk to RepRapPro about the Duet electronics. Their Ormerod 2 kit uses the Duet, and is CE compliant (I forget in which particular category) if you build it as instructed. I know they had to move to screened stepper motor cabling to achieve compliance, and put the controller board in a metal enclosure.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 13, 2015 09:41AM
That is a great contribution, I'm in contact with them already

Thank you
April 13, 2015 10:45AM
The german RepRap provides CE certified 3D printers for industrial/profesional use (as confirmed by then), the x1000 it was actually an idea of what I had in my mind [https://www.germanreprap.com/en/produkte/3d-drucker/x1000/]

Does anybody know what sort of microcontroller might be driving that 3D printer?

EDIT: I think it might be a Ramps 1.4.2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2015 10:48AM by BigRepRap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login