Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z min input FRIED

Posted by bobkeyes 
Z min input FRIED
February 20, 2015 10:37AM
While experimenting with auto bed leveling I accidentally, READ STUPIDLY, put 12VDC onto the Z MIN pin on the Polouno board. Now Z Min won't read. Don't know if it is the Pol. board or the Arduino?? Is there a work around? Anyone have any ideas as to how to check which board it is?

I ordered a new Pol board cause they are cheap. Should be here in a couple of days.

ANY help is much appreciated.

Not such a NEWBEE anymore
Thanks,

Bob Keyes
Re: Z min input FRIED
February 20, 2015 11:03AM
it's probably the arduino pin that's fried, you can reassign another unused pin to Z Min by editing your firmware, if it was Marlin it would be pins.h that you would need to look at.

Also FYI:
[www.ruggedcircuits.com]

smiling smiley

Cheers,
Robin.
February 20, 2015 01:42PM
Thanks a lot Robin. However, I don't know where to find pins.h?? It is not listed in the marlin sketch?? Can you help? I've searched Google with no luck.

Thanks,

Bob Keyes
February 20, 2015 02:45PM
So many files make up the printer firmware that the 1.0.x Arduino IDE won't necessarily display them all. You should just be able to open the pins.h file on its own with a text editor.
February 20, 2015 04:01PM
Thanks a bunch Kurzaa! Big Help. One question. I'm using Ramps 13. Is pins_ramps13 the file I need?
What would a dummy do without guys like you all.

Thanks,

Bob Keyes
February 20, 2015 06:47PM
Thanks to Zedsquared and Kurzaa for the info. I just swapped z max, since I don't use it, and z min. A g119 now shows z min triggered when it's supposed to be. You saved me some $$$.
Thanks again.

Thanks,

Bob Keyes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login