Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d Printing on Shapeoko 2

Posted by phinsil6 
3d Printing on Shapeoko 2
February 18, 2015 05:12PM
Hello,

I have a rather modified Shapeoko 2 and would like to have it capable of both CNC and 3D Print work with simple tooling changes. I'm not sure if anyone here is very familiar with the Shapeoko CNC project but for the most part I am trying to get advice on a heated bed and extruder.

I have already purchased the E3D v6 1.75 Universal hot end and am trying to figure out what extruder I should buy to go along with it. From what I have heard the Greg Wade Reloaded is a good extruder but A)not sure where to source it & cool smiley can't find if it is compatible with the Wade Reloaded.

I am not stuck on the Wade Reloaded but am open to options.

I also don't have (or any) experience in 3D printing so please be easy on me smiling smiley

One last thing, for some details on my machine and a similar forum posting @ Shapeoko, here is the link:
[www.shapeoko.com]

Thanks for all of your help to come smiling smiley

PS Attached is the overview diagram of how i plan on controlling everything.
Attachments:
open | download - CNC-3d Printer - System Architecture.pdf (173.4 KB)
Re: 3d Printing on Shapeoko 2
February 18, 2015 08:58PM
Check out the Shapeoko forums. A few people have set theirs up as printers... May even be something in the Shapeoko wiki about it...
Re: 3d Printing on Shapeoko 2
February 19, 2015 10:51AM
thanks for the response.

i have already posted in the Shapeoko forum and I got some pointers. But what I'm really struggling with now is the extruder and heated bed.

I haven't the slightest idea of what kind of heated bed to get, what type and so on. My Shapeoko working table is about 12"x12" so a heated bed that size would be nice.

As for extruders, I just purchased a E3D v6 from them and they recommended a bulldog xl. Just looking at it it looks real nice. All metal and quite professional and clean looking. But I can't find a whole lot of videos/reviews on it. And $150 is a hefty price for something that I can't research too much on. Does anybody have personal experience with the Bulldog XL?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login