Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2015 Midwest RepRap Fest

Posted by johnoly99 
2015 Midwest RepRap Fest
February 17, 2015 06:21PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop in and let you all know the 2015 MRRF is a month away now! Take a look at [midwestreprapfest.org] for more info or post here and i'll try and answer back. 3rd year, last year we had over 1500ppl come out for the weekend, gonna be a blast again this year!
Re: 2015 Midwest RepRap Fest
February 18, 2015 11:16AM
Looking forward to it, can't wait!
February 18, 2015 03:37PM
Would like to get one of these in the New York city Area!
February 19, 2015 08:28AM
Michaelj
Would like to get one of these in the New York city Area!

Organize one!

It's not that difficult. You need:

- a fixed date
- a theme ("NYC RepRap meeting", "Get Together in NYC", or similarly simple)
- a room
- tables and chairs
- PC or laptop with beamer
- electricity

That's it already. Bonus points if you can bring something to drink (in bottles, not in porcellain) and the room is available at night, so people coming from farther away can sleep in there. Everything else is mostly self-organizing. People happily bring their printers along and some hold speeches, you just have to ask them. They'll also happily pay a few bucks to compensate for room costs.

To make it successful, rolling the drum / some marketing is the important part. People have to know it actually happens. See the opening post.

The biggest risks are overorganizing or large expenses. Simply don't do this.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 19, 2015 11:10AM
Last year we had waffles from a 3D mold that was cast in iron.
February 19, 2015 07:44PM
Yep, MakersToolWorks has a company close here locally, Golden Malted I think, that uses a mendelmax from them to prototype some stuff. So they offered to make the waffle Iron.

MichaelJ, As Traumflug said, just find a date that looks good, find a space, and throw up a google form for signups or something, and post it on here and the IRC channels. The first time I put this together, it started as a meetup with Me, Os1r1s and a couple others wanting to get together and hang out in my garage at home. That year, by the 30 day to go mark, we had over 200 people signed up, so we scrambled to get the space for the first MRRF. We had over 300 people show up to what was supposed to be a couple guys hanging out in a garage. So there's a definite want/need to have more of these types of events. If you can, you should come this year to MRRF and look me up.

Hope to see you there!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login