Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors not turning anti-clockwise

Posted by morkis 
Motors not turning anti-clockwise
February 15, 2015 06:45PM
So I was troubleshooting my mendel i2 the other day because the motors weren't working, and it turned out 3 of the 4 drivers were broken, so i got some new ones and attached them to the board. The motors are now turning, but only in one direction, they won't go anticlockwise unless i reverse the connection. I know this isn't a problem with the wiring/motors because when i plug the x and y axis into the extruder port and click reverse it will go anti-clockwise, however when i try pressing -z or -x or -y, nothing happens.
Re: Motors not turning anti-clockwise
February 15, 2015 07:32PM
Endstops?
February 15, 2015 11:36PM
endstops are makerbot endstops, wired like so in the diagram
Attachments:
open | download - makerbot endstop.jpg (272 KB)
February 16, 2015 01:03AM
In Marlin, if that's what you're running, M119 returns the state of the end stops. Are they all the same? Do they change when you actuate them? Will the motors turn both ways when the endstop is actuated?
February 16, 2015 02:42AM
I'm using sprinter firmware. I'm new to all this, so can you explain what you mean by when the endstops are actuated. Also yes they are all the same.
February 16, 2015 08:17AM
is the voltage level correct? Wrong voltage may be one of the reason.

www.3dfilamenta.com - International Sales Platform for 3D Printing Products
February 16, 2015 01:58PM
Push one of the endstops and send the command again. Did it change?
February 23, 2015 02:32PM
Did you make sure that the firmware doesnt have the endstops inverted? IE: normally closed vs. normally open? Mine are normally closed so If i forget to plug them in, it thinks that it is pressed and doesnt contiuously move. With normally open switches, unplugged equals not pressed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login