Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are we buying good ABS in the UK now?

Posted by UkIan 
Where are we buying good ABS in the UK now?
February 09, 2015 06:48AM
I did a quick search of the forums but couldn't find any ABS recommendations only PLA. I'm about to finish a spool and it's not the best quality. It varies in diameter along its length from about 1.72 to 1.76 which is noticable in prints.

So where do I get the sort of filament Walter White would make?
Re: Where are we buying good ABS in the UK now?
February 09, 2015 06:53AM
Walter White would however only make it as blue transparent. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 09, 2015 08:39AM
Im using 3mm abs from 3dfilaprint. They do 1.75mm and lotsof other materials as well.
The diameter is pretty stable through the roll.
Prices are quite good as well.

Not involved with them except as a customer.

Gordon
February 09, 2015 09:00AM
rhmorrison
Walter White would however only make it as blue transparent. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yeah, but it would never warp and probably smell faintly of happiness smiling smiley
February 09, 2015 09:14AM
gordonendersby
Im using 3mm abs from 3dfilaprint. They do 1.75mm and lotsof other materials as well.
The diameter is pretty stable through the roll.
Prices are quite good as well.

Not involved with them except as a customer.

Gordon

Gak, their website doesn't work properly on the 1930's browser we have at the office. I'll have a look later. I've ordered a reel from Rigid.ink for now as hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on with it.
March 19, 2015 07:54AM
Uklan, can I ask how you got on with your rigid.ink filament?
March 25, 2015 12:37PM
I use 3dFillaprint too, happy with their service and products
March 25, 2015 01:06PM
I've been getting e-sun filament from HobbyKing, via their UK warehouse (I live about 30 minutes drive from them!). They have all the basic colours, although what they call red is more 'chinese red', i.e. a reddish-orange. It prints well, no vices spotted so far, and comes in a vacuum-packed bag with dessicant and all in a strong box. All spools are 500g, which is good if you want to get a range of colours at not too high a price.

HobbyKing

Make sure that the item you're planning to buy is from the UK warehouse before placing your order (they have outlets in many countries, and items from HK are cheapest, but when you buy from the UK all taxes are paid and delivery is quick).

HTH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login