Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xssink Boxd 3d printers - Good or Bad reviews anyone?

Posted by Rogue45 
Re: Xssink Boxd 3d printers - Good or Bad reviews anyone?
March 02, 2015 12:22AM
Sorry for taking so long to respond it's been really busy

It's wierd that you guys didn't get instructions because I didn't too. I was able to talk to them and they emailed me them. I'm not sure they would like me to post it in here because they haven't posted It publicly anywhere else but I feel it's the right thing to do.

They are in my Dropbox here

The x carriage in the main institutions is the old version and the other off is the new one. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 12:23AM by daboomafoo.
March 02, 2015 12:27AM
Sorry for taking so long to respond it's been really busy

It's wierd that you guys didn't get instructions because I didn't too. I was able to talk to them and they emailed me them. I'm not sure they would like me to post it in here because they haven't posted It publicly anywhere else but I feel it's the right thing to do.

They are in my Dropbox here

The x carriage in the main instructions is the old version and the other off is the new one. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

Sorry for posting this twice not sure how it happened

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 12:28AM by daboomafoo.
March 02, 2015 07:16PM
I put some pictures up in an imgur album because the pictures were to big to directly put on here. I'm working on a video that should be done soon. If anyone needs a certain angle just ask.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 07:18PM by daboomafoo.
March 02, 2015 08:19PM
Major thanks for the instructions! I'm really looking forward to building the printer. For a second I was afraid there weren't even any! I'll be posting some updates as I move along.
March 03, 2015 01:09PM
daboomafoo out of curiosity what order # were you? I am #9. I tried calling, but just got a voicemail that said to email. I haven't heard back yet. Its been about 45 days and still not even a shipping number. I'm getting impatient.
March 03, 2015 02:27PM
Are you sure you are number 9? My order number is in the 2800s... I placed the order December 16 2014.
March 03, 2015 09:01PM
I actually never got a shipping number, it just showed up. Last time I ordered with them I got the shipping details within almost a week or two. This time I barely heard back and then finally it just showed up about a month and a half later.
March 03, 2015 11:06PM
While building this printer I'm starting to realize that I am missing many many parts. The extruder is nowhere to be found and I am missing pulleys and lots of screws. I am also missing the extruder plate. Who knows that I'll come across, or rather not come across, next. For now I am just trying to do as much as I can.
March 03, 2015 11:08PM
Update: Their website is undergoing maintenance and they are not taking any order anymore. I think people were right to say they were really really in over their heads with everything going on. I will give them a call and see what I can do. Best of luck to them though b/c I know from past experience that they are helpful.
March 06, 2015 12:55AM
I just noticed that they abandoned the CoreXY movement! I should have know right off the bat when I saw the motor in the x axis but it took some time to process. Thanks to those photos though it makes sense now. Still missing lots of things though.
March 06, 2015 01:40PM
Status has changed to shipped! Sooo happy. I can't wait for it to show up. I hope i'm not missing any parts:/ erikn did yours come with a bill of materials that listed each part that was supposed to be present?

Sheesh if there's such a high demand, i should get into the business. It shouldn't be that hard to ship out a kit if you have all your part suppliers lined up.
March 07, 2015 05:39PM
I think they made a mistake on my order with the extruder parts. There are a bunch of weird markings where there should just be a check next to all of the extruder parts on the bill of materials. On the oder list though it says hot end and bowden extruder though so I think something went wrong communications wise. It has been impossible to get in touch with them, unfortunately. If I wasn't missing parts I would be done by now, I think I'm going to take the opportunity to paint or finish the wooden frame, should look really sweet finished. I might go for a light stain or just hit it with a nice clear finish.
March 08, 2015 03:15AM
Well, my experience with them is still just getting more frustrating.
They received my 12i printer three weeks ago after I shipped it back. I have confirmation of the delivery and they will not respond to phone or e-mail. I had a couple conversations with Van before I sent it back and I was assured in good faith that it would be about 5 days from their receipt to my refund. They are completely avoiding me now. I checked on my BBB complaint and their rating has now gone from C- to a lowly F. Looks like I'll be filing in small claims in Vancouver WA. (Clark Co.)

[www.bbb.org]

I'm pretty annoyed.
March 09, 2015 12:45PM
Neybordave... Assuming you paid with credit card you may have a quicker response by taking it up with them. I've had to use that a couple times and visa will credit you the money back and they will go to battle for you. Probably easier than small claims. Just a suggestion.

As long as i get a working 3d printer i don't really mind the wait. I REALLY hope they get all the parts in the box.
March 10, 2015 11:07PM
I wish I had.
I payed with my debit card through their OpenCart checkout. I looked into OpenCart and on their own website they advertise to potential customers for their system that there are no disputes. It says all disputes must be handled by the issuing bank. Are other people buying them from Ebay? I bought directly through their website and there are no options to file a claim.
It's really not too much hassle for me to file. If they want their reputation tarnished through legal means then I'll oblige. They've had 900 of my dollars for 4 months. I want that money back so I can put it into another 3-D project. This behavior of not answering phones or emails is unacceptable to me. I'm glad other people are getting their parts in piecemeal and more power to you if you don't mind the wait but it took 50 days for my printer to arrive and now they're wasting more of my time with this crap. Quite plainly, I don't think they deserve to be in business this way and from what you can read on the Better Business Burea site, they are apparently in business because they're taking returns and not giving back the refund. Must be nice to sell the same printer twice. Sheesh.
Anyway, I hope you get yours up and running soon. I'm living vicariously through the community. smiling smiley
March 11, 2015 05:16PM
Sorry dude. I'm still waiting on a tracking number. Who knows if the printer actually is on its way to me. I hope they didn't just change the status to appease me.

It's tempting to start my own 3d printer kit distribution. The $400 price point seems to be a sweet spot. I'd just sell the kits so i don't need to assemble anything. I suppose i should build mine first though smiling smiley
March 11, 2015 09:00PM
Just make sure you don't go down the way of diy tech shop! It's actually impossible to reach them at this point no matter what I do. I have no idea what's going on over there but it doesn't seem good. I just want my hot end hot smiley what if they closed down :/
March 18, 2015 10:28PM
erikn,
You do know that it's the exact same company right? I pulled their business licenses and it's the same guy with the same address.
I think he started XSSINK to continue selling because DIYTechShop was getting such a bad reputation.
March 19, 2015 07:38AM
BOOM!
DIY tech shop and XSS INK are OUT OF BUSINESS. Both their webpages are down with a simple message saying so. They have 900 of my dollars and I'm
filing in Small Claims court today. Seriously, what a bunch of crap.
March 19, 2015 02:13PM
Oh sh**!!!! Nooooooo!!!! This sucks so bad sad smiley I hope they actually shipped my printer. Wth!!!
March 20, 2015 03:38PM
The first post here says "DIYtech recently started selling Xssink Boxd 3d printers". With the massive thread on this forum about how bad they(DIYTechShop) are and how terrible the service is, why does anyone buy from them? I understand some of you are mad but a little research ahead of time would have saved a ton of trouble...

Please add your printer design to [reprap.org]
March 20, 2015 05:40PM
I ordered my printer a month before this thread started. The "massive thread" has been developing for 3 months as everyone realized they were getting shafted. So yeah, do a little research.
March 21, 2015 10:49AM
Yeah by the time I came across this it was too late, I'm guessing I lost about $50 from the missing hot end and the extruder part I'm somehow going to have to replicate. At least the instructions have been released and anyone that's stuck can come here for help.
March 22, 2015 03:32PM
Hey daboomafoo, I was looking at my parts and the parts available on the Github and what I have are not completely the same. Think you can tell me if the parts on Github are all the plastic parts you have on your completed build? Also please make sure the quantities that are noted on the filename are correct as well? Thanks man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 06:55PM by SNEAKxxATTACK.
March 22, 2015 08:09PM
They changed the printer from a Core XY to just a basic movement. Thats why they took forever to ship out because they were being redesigned mid order. Use the modified x axis pdf to build the new x axis. I guess they never updated the github since they went out of business. BTW, anyone who ordered one not get it yet?
March 25, 2015 01:48PM
I ordered and never got my printer. They replied to an email 3 weeks ago that said they shipped it, but i have yet to see anything. I went ahead and reported the transaction to my credit card provider. I should get the money back no problem. Should the printer happen to show up and not be missing anything then I will contact my provider and let the transaction stay.
March 27, 2015 05:16PM
Whoa.....both websites state they are out of business now.
April 05, 2015 01:41PM
I had to fashion one of the acrylic parts by hand that I never got, and I just ordered the missing hot end from ebay. I'm still trying to get the parts but at this point I'm probably going to give up soon. I honestly don't think they're even checking their inbox anymore. Luckily I'm only about $20 deeper into this and a little bit of extra labor. Has anyone else been trying to contact them still? I tried both diytechshop and xssink.
April 05, 2015 07:14PM
I had to have Clark County send me the paperwork to take them to small claims. I'm sending it in and the Sheriff will serve it and I may have a private company do it too if the Sheriff doesn't have any success. I just like the idea of the cops coming by their house. I've been put through enough at this point that I'm feeling a little sadistic about it. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes.
May 16, 2015 10:31PM
i guess im coming in late to the party on this one, I ordered mine before xmas of last year and received it sometime in February. it came with the original set of parts, less a power supply which i added. it took them two weeks to get it to me. some time later i managed to receive the new x/y parts for up top. its prolly for the best that they went under, they were way over there heads trying to sell more or less experimental kits. I'm hoping to get mine finished up over the course of this weekend, life got nuts for me in between receiving the printer and now. does anyone have any homebrewed improvements to this printer that they care to share?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login