Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nano size reprap - options

Posted by AlexV 
Nano size reprap - options
December 18, 2014 08:56AM
Dear Reprappers,

After purchasing a 'chinese' 3d printer which served me well for around 6 months, I recently decided to build my own reprap. After researching the options I chose the Adapto because of the reduced amount of hardware (ie. extrusion) and simplicity of construction.

I do a lot of small prints (around 5x5x5cm and less) and thought that a Nano sized 3d printer might complement the Adapto well. After doing some research I could only find the 3DRNano which met my needs. Unfortunately, as yet there are no STL's for the 3DRNano. I also though about reducing the size of the Rostock Mini by a half, however, I don't know if the design would still work without a lot of re-designing.

Any other thoughts on possible candiates? I'm only looking for reprap 3d printers (of any type) and not readymade units.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance,

Alex V
Re: Nano size reprap - options
December 18, 2014 09:35AM
If I were you, I'd just send a mail to Gina Häußge from [octoprint.org] since they designed the Nano. I'm quite sure they will be able to give you the STL's by request.

On the other hand, by searching a bit, I found this: [www.youmagine.com]

And I think that's exactly what you are looking for winking smiley Just have a bit of patience and the STL's will be there after a while. Or you can ask/stalk Richrap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 09:36AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 18, 2014 10:07AM
I'd put more emphasis on the extruder. Printers accurate to the micrometer (example) exist, are simple and cheap, but I've yet to see extruders working in the sub-mm-range well.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

December 18, 2014 10:11AM
Traumflug
I'd put more emphasis on the extruder. Printers accurate to the micrometer (example) exist, are simple and cheap, but I've yet to see extruders working in the sub-mm-range well.

Would you think the only way to go for precision extruders would be to use direct-drive extruders with geared stepper motors? And maybe have the idler not be an idler, but also actively spinning with the hobbed bolt?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 18, 2014 10:23AM
Ohmarinus
If I were you, I'd just send a mail to Gina Häußge from [octoprint.org] since they designed the Nano. I'm quite sure they will be able to give you the STL's by request.

On the other hand, by searching a bit, I found this: [www.youmagine.com]

And I think that's exactly what you are looking for winking smiley Just have a bit of patience and the STL's will be there after a while. Or you can ask/stalk Richrap?
Reading the article originally linked to, it sounds like Gina requested designs from the community of which Richrap created the Nano. The Youmagine link was in the article too and in the comments, people have been asking for the files for 5 months.
December 18, 2014 10:31AM
Traumflug

I believe in doing away with the hobbled bolt and using a belt drive extruder it is possible to get a sub mm to work properly.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
VDX
December 18, 2014 11:01AM
... my old tripod was meant as prototype/demonstrator for sub-µ-accuracy-dispensing in a small working area of maybe 50x50x50mm:
[builders.reprap.org]

... and a stepper driven syringe is really accurate, when using small cartouches and the smallest available needles with ID of 0.06mm and shorted kapillary to reduce the 'friction':
[reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login