Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with DIY tech shop motors

Posted by jeremy089786 
problems with DIY tech shop motors
December 14, 2014 06:29AM
Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to wire up an Iron 12x12 inch printer from DIY tech shop and when sending signals to the motors (via repetier) they just vibrate and but do not move.

We used the wiring diagrams from the iron 12x12 assembly instructions below.
[shop.diytechshop.com]

After reading that they may have gotten the wiring diagrams wrong, we followed those suggested in the topic below, but unfortunately still no luck.
[forums.reprap.org]

I emailed the guys about a week ago and have not yet received a reply. Unfortunately I wouldn't currently recommend these kits. Sub standard quality (rusty frame) with many missing parts (DIY replaced some of these which was nice, but there were many more needed), metal parts that needed some fairly serious routing to make functional and fairly poor communications. Maybe when it is up and running my qualms will go away.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2014 06:29AM by jeremy089786.
Re: problems with DIY tech shop motors
December 14, 2014 09:23AM
Re: problems with DIY tech shop motors
December 15, 2014 07:39PM
Hi Traumflug,

Thanks for the link, it was super handy. For anyone with a DIY tech shop Iron 3d the motor wiring ended up being:

1 to 1
2 to 4
3 to 3
4 to 6

The wiring for the endstops was also the opposite of that shown in the guide and the motors won't move in the reverse direction until this is rectified.

All of the motors excepting the extruder are now functioning. The extruder motor, wiring and chip all work individually, so I assume it is some kind of software issue?

Thanks again!

Jeremy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login