Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All metal J-Head review and fix.

Posted by jaguarking11 
All metal J-Head review and fix.
December 12, 2014 09:10AM
There have been questions about certain suppliers that claim an all metal J-Head, its quality and its performance. I recorded a video concerning this as well as fixes. One thing to note is that they are advertised as "All metal J-head" They are not all metal, for one and you do get what you paid for. A rough part that must be reworked to perform as desired.

Here is my review. [youtu.be]

Here is my blog post for it. [engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Your thoughts? Comments?

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Re: All metal J-Head review and fix.
December 12, 2014 09:50AM
Well those aren't J-Heads to begin with, so right off the bat that should tell you something... Check out my all metal delta printer! /s
December 12, 2014 10:11AM
While I appreciate the remark, that is what they are advertised as, I give them credit for not ripping off e3d etc in name. Secondly they seem closer to a j-head than the e3d hot ends. They use the same mounting points as a j-head, same type of block as well, the heat sink differs, also to note their total height is within 1 mm of a real j-head. Some may find this info useful, if for no other reason than to stay away from them, or if they are tinkerers they can take a chance and know what they are in for.

-Bruno

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

December 12, 2014 01:14PM
jaguarking11
While I appreciate the remark, that is what they are advertised as, I give them credit for not ripping off e3d etc in name.
I know that's what they are advertised as, but that doesn't make it right. And you do give them credit for ripping off a specific trade name of something they aren't, a jhead.

Secondly they seem closer to a j-head than the e3d hot ends. They use the same mounting points as a j-head, same type of block as well, the heat sink differs, also to note their total height is within 1 mm of a real j-head.
So you're saying that this looks more like any of these numbered 1-8 than C which is this? I guess we'll agree to disagree on that point. The heat block is similar, but that style of heat block is used. Same with the mounting type.
December 12, 2014 01:24PM
ok fair enough, now tell me how you really feel? I personally took a chance and reported my findings, regardless of my expenses I do plan on getting a quality hot end for my own printer once I get the bugs worked out, for now this one will have to do. If anyone else is concerned with these hot ends the info is there. Now beyond blaming the manufacturer for not coming up with an original design.

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

December 12, 2014 05:53PM
jaguarking11
Now beyond blaming the manufacturer for not coming up with an original design.
At Least E3D and J-head have published all their hotend schematics so all chinese manufacturers have to do is to follow them, but they can't even do that. Then on top of that they use know good hotends names for their own designs. This is basically a false marketing on top of that they ruin original manufacturer's name as people think they bought a real deal.
December 12, 2014 07:47PM
Endlane
jaguarking11
Now beyond blaming the manufacturer for not coming up with an original design.
At Least E3D and J-head have published all their hotend schematics so all chinese manufacturers have to do is to follow them, but they can't even do that. Then on top of that they use know good hotends names for their own designs. This is basically a false marketing on top of that they ruin original manufacturer's name as people think they bought a real deal.

this is why some of us use the word "Counterfeit"

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

December 15, 2014 09:26AM
Hello,

There is no such thing as an all-metal J-head. If I were to come up with an all-metal hot-end, it would have a different name as there is no way to have an all-metal hot-end that looks remotely close to a J-Head. A True J-Head is made to the blueprint and is made out of metal and high-temperature plastics.

Best Regards,

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login