Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed Connection

Posted by Greigknox 
Bed Connection
November 20, 2014 09:52AM
Which of the terminals on the Reprap Ormerod Bed is V+ and which is the V-. I have a multimeter and I just would like to do a sanity check for my Duet connection. I am assuming the terminal under the "still hot" lettering is the V+ and under the "LED" lettering is the V-. However with the connection warning I would prefer to be correct before powering the board.
Re: Bed Connection
November 20, 2014 01:41PM
Heated beds are just giant resistors. They don't have a polarity. The only thing that will matter is an LED that indicates if it's powered or not is if the LED is installed. If it is, then it matters only with the polarity of the diode. If you get it backwards, nothing bad happens aside from it not lighting up. So try both ways and there shouldn't be any issues. The SMD LED should have a mark on it (although if it's already soldered it may not be visible) indicating the cathode, which goes to the negative connection. Some boards also have two LEDs of opposite polarity direction so that it doesn't matter which way you hook it up.
Re: Bed Connection
November 20, 2014 02:37PM
Perfect.
Thank you. There is a not in the wiring instruction which I was unsure if it was for connecting the connector the wrong way or just miss aligning it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login