Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament Reviews

Posted by botfeeder 
Filament Reviews
October 29, 2014 11:46AM
If you’re a 3D printing professional, I have an important task for you. I am here inviting you to review a filament product. I’m sure that’s just a simple task for you. Your valuable review and tips will benefit more than thousands of 3D printing beginners. I’m here saying thank you to all of the hard work you had contributed to the 3D printing society.

Filament Reviewer Online Application
Re: Filament Reviews
October 29, 2014 01:07PM
Found a small typo in the link you provide: "... you want to hear from you."

Furthermore, nice initiative, from what I understand you will send the reviewer some filament samples and in return you want reviews from professional users? If this limited to a certain continent or will anyone from anywhere be able to do reviews?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 29, 2014 01:28PM
Yes, that's the idea. Reviewers' feedbacks are important to our R&D team in improving the filament quality. There is no geographic limit. Anyone can apply.
October 30, 2014 05:47AM
What do you think about your own filament?
Have any test prints?
Any previous 'organic' reviews?
How is $40 per roll justified?
What are your shipping cost for a retail roll.of filament?
Measuring low and high, what are your manufacturing tolerances?

Edit*
I see free shipping for USA and Canada

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 06:02AM by pushthatbolder.
October 30, 2014 06:40PM
You should be testing inexperienced as well as experienced users. That's what I do when I'm product testing. You can't really 'idiot proof' things if you are only aiming at selling to hardcore users.
October 31, 2014 06:20AM
All those qualification requirements!
How about 30 bucks an hour instead of a few meters of filament?

November 02, 2014 04:44PM
pushthatbolder: Good question.
Let me put it this way.
Imagine printing with filament that you have to calibrate your 3D printer every print.
No one enjoys the calibration process. And it should not be this way.
Our tolerance we stated is +/- 0.05mm, but in fact it's better than that. We are pushing our limit to 0.03mm.
For quality-driven user like you will enjoy it.

Attached few of our prints.

JerseyGirl: Thank you for your inputs, we will put thoughts into it.

waitaki: We do not pay analyst because it seems like you are buying the report instead.
That's why we provide an opportunity to professional like yourself to test our full roll of filament.
Attachments:
open | download - 1043892_511459545637307_1597945503_n.jpg (89.3 KB)
open | download - 1002982_411703368946259_976911074_n.jpg (65.4 KB)
November 05, 2014 03:41PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience! Our website is being attacked. Some of the reviewer applications are lost. If you did not receive a confirmation letter from us, please kindly resubmit your application. Thank you for your understanding!

BotFeeder
November 05, 2014 04:00PM
If it is about testing one full roll of filament, I am willing to test for you. Normally I don't do these kind of tests because a seller supplies me with only a few meters. It's very annoying to work with just a few meters while you have a Bowden cable setup. Switching filament isn't such a pain, but short lengths are a pain with a Bowden setup. You never will be able to use the last part.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 05, 2014 04:13PM
The testing filament is a full roll of ABS or PLA filament of your choice.

BotFeeder
November 08, 2014 06:27AM
I design electronic circuits and use my 3d printer for making enclosures or printed circuit board mounts, or front panel faces. Needless to say, I want to have a professional print showcasing my design. But it would have to be an exceptional filament for me to shell out 40 bucks a roll.

T.S. Elliot wrote: "Between the idea and the reality, falls the shadow..." It's in that shadow world great discoveries are made.
November 19, 2014 04:00PM
Thank you for anyone who applied.

Our team is currently reviewing all the applications.
We're still accepting new applicant just so you know.

BotFeeder - Professional Manufactured 3D Filament
December 09, 2014 02:13PM
I placed the order for filament review. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to reviewing your filament. smiling smiley

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
December 22, 2014 11:09AM
I received my filament last week. I will be doing an unboxing and review this week. I will share my thoughts on the subject and comparing it to two other filaments (black and red).

-Bruno

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

December 23, 2014 12:34PM
I'd be happy to provide a newb perspective, though I wonder if you are looking for professionals for the free PR from them posting reviews on their sites (not that is it a bad idea). I would also think multiple samples would be better than complete rolls, allowing people to also post recommended print settings.
January 26, 2015 05:17PM
My filament review. I can say this is impressive stuff. I put it head to head with my personal favorite. It came out much better than expected.

Things observed.

- Strength
- Flexibility
- Surface finish
- Disolvability (Disolved in Acetone quickly, shows its made of virgin stuff)
- Extruder grip was very very good as well. Cheap stuff gets broken up in a high pressure extruder.

This is the fist time I have used premium filament.

Link.
[www.youtube.com]

[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login