Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bowden push fit in the UK/europe

Posted by UkIan 
Bowden push fit in the UK/europe
October 16, 2014 06:25PM
Anyone know where I can buy some Bowden push fittings in the UK? Or Europe, somewhere that can ship in days rather than weeks.

Specifically, 5mm thread taking 4mm od ptfe.

Thanks
VDX
Re: Bowden push fit in the UK/europe
October 17, 2014 02:34AM
... check at SMC for 'fittings' - [www.smc.eu]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 17, 2014 02:43AM
Might be able to find someone on the irc chatroom. Lots of guys from europe. They are all pretty nice guys
October 17, 2014 03:54AM
Conrad used to have some, and they Ship from EU as far I can tell.

[www.conrad.com]

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
October 17, 2014 03:59AM
Cor I haven't used irc in over a decade! Might poke my head in smiling smiley
October 17, 2014 04:37AM
I bought 4mm x 1/8 bsp male pneumatic push fittings on Ebay UK. I use them with 1.75mm filament and 2mm id/4mm od ptfe tubing.
They have been generally OK. One or two started to allow a bit of play in gripping the tubing and had to be replaced after making and breaking the connection many times. Cheap as chips. I buy a dozen at a time.
October 17, 2014 07:14AM
I got some from RobotDIGG, to be honest, they were dirt cheap, and arrived after a week. I also got some from [reprapworld.com] but these had a strange thread on it.

As with all push fittings, they usually have a hexagonal shaped hole on the threaded side which can 'eat' the filament. I drilled it out a bit and then filed the inside so it wouldn't scratch off PLA. A little bit of PLA-dust would build up with every use and eventually clogged up the cavity.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 17, 2014 07:25AM
I keep hearing about RobotDigg. Makes me think of AdultSwim for some reason. I will investigate smiling smiley
October 17, 2014 04:58PM
Loads on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Q83CF4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
October 17, 2014 05:46PM
SourcingMap again, they're great, but in China, so you have to wait four weeks, up to six weeks at the moment thanks to shipping :/
October 18, 2014 05:08AM
A minor comment I would make is that a tapered thread is better for small threaded parts screwing into plastic. It cuts its own thread and tightens up automatically even after unscrewing many times. That is why I went for 1/8" bspt x 4mm.
October 18, 2014 05:16AM
Probably sensible. I wanted a 5mm thread one as that will screw into the Bulldog extruder, but actually, I have enough for the bulldog end, so the other ends don't matter. I've redesigned my hotend holder to have a screw fit for what ever size I eventually get. Although not all my hot ends actually need it.
October 18, 2014 09:56AM
UkIan
I keep hearing about RobotDigg. Makes me think of AdultSwim for some reason. I will investigate smiling smiley

Robot Chicken winking smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login