Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bulldog XL Extruder Springs

Posted by Mickoz 
Bulldog XL Extruder Springs
October 15, 2014 05:37AM
Hey there fellow reprappers,

Can anyone recommend a replacement set of springs for the Bulldog XL extruder? I have tried to get a response from Reprapdiscount and have had no response either via lodging a ticket or via their forums.
Very disappointed in their support.

Hopefully someone has tried something or found something that works that they can share?

Thansk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 05:38AM by Mickoz.
Re: Bulldog XL Extruder Springs
October 15, 2014 04:02PM
I don't have any experience with that extruder, but the springs in their picture look a lot like the springs used in common Wade's extruder installations. Take a look here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#9434k164/=u5z9x6, and see how it compares with your dimensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 04:23PM by stonedcoldskier.
October 15, 2014 06:49PM
Springs from Ikea pressa clothes pegs.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
October 16, 2014 02:05AM
They look good but McMasters won't ship to Australia.

Thanks though smiling smiley
October 16, 2014 04:50AM
How about one of these Bunnings. Their diameter is only 0.6mm wider than the original bulldog ones, would just have to cut to length.
October 16, 2014 05:51AM
Nice spotting! I will head to Bunnings and see if I can find some smiling smiley

Thanks!
October 16, 2014 06:36PM
Mickoz
Nice spotting! I will head to Bunnings and see if I can find some smiling smiley

Thanks!

when/if you find them, can you post what section you find them in? i'm after spares myself

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

October 19, 2014 05:03AM
I found some and purchased a packet of 3 from Bunnings (in the aisle next to nuts and bolts). I don't think they're going to be any good though, they seem to be fairly easy to compress compared to the one spring from the Bulldog that is still in good condition.

I'll keep looking and will update this post if I find something suitable.
November 03, 2014 03:21AM
I contacted Elvira via PM on this forum and she sent me 4 new springs via FedEx smiling bouncing smiley

Thanks Elvira, I take it all back. Your support has been great

Mick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login