Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shifting layers problem

Posted by jtoombs 
Shifting layers problem
September 23, 2014 11:15PM
So, I'm having a problem with this particular object. It seems to shift in the x direction every time I try to print it at about the same layer. The order of prints goes: top: object long axis in y direction; middle: object long axis in x direction; bottom: object long axis in x direction. I noticed that the x axis motor was very hot so I adjusted the current and it was running cool to warm for the bottom print yet it still happened. I am wondering if it is something in the part file that throws off the slicer on a specific layer. Could I identify this in any way? Also, please just give me general advice on this problem.

By the way, I have searched old post on this problem and the solutions given that worked for other people have not worked for me.

JTT
Attachments:
open | download - 20140923_215234.jpg (560.7 KB)
Re: Shifting layers problem
September 24, 2014 03:39PM
I have discovered what I think is the problem. In my model there is a hole that runs through it and KISSlicer wants to build a support layer under this hole. The first support layer is a zig zag line that runs the length of the hole. I believe that it is skipping steps when trying to complete this support layer. In KISSlicer I have lowered the support layer infill speed and the problem persists. Is there any other way I can change the speed or maybe even get rid of this layer?

I am thinking about just making the hole a square hole so the support layer is wider and easier on the motors to print.

Any advice using KISSlicer would help.

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Glass Bracket 1.stl (337.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login