Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Full Kit or Mendel90

Posted by Steue 
Mendel Full Kit or Mendel90
September 21, 2014 06:13AM
Hello. I am new to 3D printing and would appreciate some advice on my 1st printer.
The 90 is well recommended, and nop heads site is impressive but slightly more expensive at £586.
The things I like about the full kit is the option to upgrade to tricolour, and its £100 cheaper, so easier to convince my wife we need itsmiling smiley
I'm not worried about build difficulty, in fact the harder the better.
What are peoples thought on these 2, and feel free to add in your own preference for another printer. Thanks
Re: Mendel Full Kit or Mendel90
September 22, 2014 07:41AM
80 Views but no comments.
Please, if you have either of these printers or the tricolour, I would appreciate your opinion of it.
Thanks
Steve
September 22, 2014 05:13PM
I have had a Mendel90 (built from nophead's kit) for 15 months and am very satisfied with it. However, if you want multiple colors, then it isn't really an option.
I just built one of these and consider it excellent value for money:
[www.think3dprint3d.com]
but again not multi-color.
September 24, 2014 02:37AM
Thanks Ralph, I have now decided I don't need multi colour, at least not in my 1st printer.
The Kossel looks very interesting.
If you could only keep 1 of the 90 or the Kossel, what would you keep ?
thanks again
Steve
September 24, 2014 08:17AM
I built the Kossel for someone else and sadly have to see it go in a few days. It is actually a bit of a small build space for my needs so I'd keep the Mendel90.
I was a bit put off the idea of getting a Delta as a first printer by some statements about the complexity of calibration but actually it is quite straightforward.
If I were starting again with the data I now have then I would go with a Delta. The Kossel mini can be upgraded to a larger build size later with a kit from [www.builda3dprinter.eu]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login