Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need some suggestions

Posted by sarf2k4 
need some suggestions
September 17, 2014 12:08AM
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am from Malaysia. Been reading a lot of information regarding reprap 3d printers. I couldn't source those hardware myself due to lack of parts especially for specific models for example printed parts for older mendel.

I've been considering Makibox since last year but decided to go for Prusa I3 from Replikeo and my budget would be around usd$300-500. I am making preparations first on what model should I get and from where that is best. I prefer them to be a full kit. I am unsure when can I get a 3d printer myself.

Any suggestions and your feedback for the suggested 3d printer model and sources would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance
Re: need some suggestions
October 02, 2014 10:49AM
Don't buy a Makibox - Makible is out of business
Buy a Printrbot instead
October 02, 2014 05:56PM
Hey,
Right forget makibox, printerbot is a nice alternative, otherwise you can go for a full kit from china:
like:
[www.aliexpress.com]
or:
[www.aliexpress.com]

Have fun with your printer!
October 02, 2014 09:00PM
victorjung
Hey,
Right forget makibox, printerbot is a nice alternative, otherwise you can go for a full kit from china:
like:
[www.aliexpress.com]
or:
[www.aliexpress.com]

Have fun with your printer!
Thank you for your replies guys, I knew Makible has gone suspicious because lack of reviews and videos in youtube, the full acrylic prusa i3+lcd looks great for around $400.

What about from this site?
[www.replikeo.com]

They provide 2mm fiberglass plate instead of glass so it will stick on the plate even without kapton tape. If I were to use normal glass plate on top of heatbed, is it necessary to use a kapton tape? I don't think there's any kapton tape in my area's hardware store
October 03, 2014 06:23AM
the replikeo is almost the same than the other prusa chinese kit
October 03, 2014 06:42AM
Printing on plain glass works fine for me using PLA, PETG and TPU. For ABS I use kapton tape.
October 06, 2014 11:47PM
Ralph.Hilton
Printing on plain glass works fine for me using PLA, PETG and TPU. For ABS I use kapton tape.

Is there any impact on the printed objects if I didn't use the kapton tape?

I also heard that you need a separate hot end extruder for each plastic type and some of them are suitable for specific plastic, is this true or can I just simply use 1 hot end for multiple plastic filament whenever I want to?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login