Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis moves back and forth quickly not in one direction | Please help smiling smiley

X axis moves back and forth quickly not in one direction | Please help smiling smiley
September 16, 2014 09:34PM
Hi, I have just built my first i3 and everything seems to work, except the x axis. All other axis will move and go home, but the x vibrates back and forth. When you hit home it goes back and forth instead of straight home, it can make it to home and will switch off but it will not move properly. I have plugged in a spare motor and it does the same thing. So I'm not sure if it is the motor. I checked the connection and removed both ends and put them back. Same deal. Any ideas what could be going on here, it moves one step one way and then back the other way, quickly. Sounds like grrrrrrrrr.

We are so happy it all works except the x.

Let me know if you have any ideas about what is going on

Thank you!

Dylan
Re: X axis moves back and forth quickly not in one direction | Please help smiling smiley
September 16, 2014 10:45PM
double check the wiring of the x axis. swap 2 outside wires. if it is a wiring issue this should address it.

also you could have the limit switch wired to the wrong side, or not connected correctly. double check settings in firmware and wiring of motor and limit switch. also is limit switch on correct side?

there could be several things going on here. someone on this forum will help you.
Wow thank you so much! You rock!

I will try those things this am an post my results.

Thanks again.
n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 11:54AM by Print3DRevolution.com.
i have tried every combination of the wires, changing all of them on both ends in every possible configuration and it still does not work.

I realize i have changed the position of the stepper motor. I have it on the right side, and the end stop is on the right side. I may have to change the firm ware to reflect this change. However it still will not move in any direction, just back and forth quickly.

I have also reversed the endstop on the board and has not effect.

So the x axis still does not work,

any thoughts?

smiling smiley Dylan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 11:54AM by Print3DRevolution.com.
Update:

X axis moves back and forth one step, will not return home, will not accept right or left commands.
Wiring is on motor from left to right Yellow Black Red Blue
Wiring on board from Bottom To Top ( USB, power screw terminals, etc at bottom) Yellow, Red, Black, Blue

The wiring is set up as stated on the rep rap site. as this diagram shows

So im not sure how to make the stepper move properly.

Still need help.
Thank you
smiling smiley
UPDATE: I re wired the motor and now it works. Must have been a bad wire connection.. Thanks to all for your help.
To confirm, the back and forth motion was simply a bad connection in the x axis wire by the stepper motor. For those looking at the same issue, the connection looked good, and only after applying pressure did i realize it was not good. Now it works great.

All the best

Dylan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login