Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brushable purple glue stick (for those that use glue stick)

Posted by tmorris9 
Brushable purple glue stick (for those that use glue stick)
September 16, 2014 02:00AM
So I am hooked on the Elmer's purple glue stick for the heated bed.

So the only issues I have had was getting an even re coat after a few prints. Initially I would smooth it out with a damp folded up paper towel but it still was not consistent and some spots would have visible globs while other spots would get wiped clean.

I figured there must be a better way to apply and re apply it. So, I took a 4oz plastic bottle and put the glue from a 1.4oz Jumbo stick in it (had to slit the glue stick down the center twice to get it to fit into the bottle) and filled it the rest of the way with water. I let this sit for a few days, shaking it whenever I walked by.

The whole stick did not dissolve but about half of it did so I assume the water is already saturated and can't absorb any more. (I will just keep adding water until it stops dissolving) Now I use a 1" wide fine bristle nylon art brush to apply thin, even coats and so far it's perfect. The mixture is of course thicker than water but thinner than most paints. You then just rinse out the brush in warm water and use again.

I use a brush like the large one in the center of this photo [images.utrechtart.com]
Re: Brushable purple glue stick (for those that use glue stick)
September 22, 2014 03:05PM
Oh, great idea. Gotta try that. Purple glue stick is the best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login