Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

aworldnet a600 won't extrude

Posted by Md 
Md
aworldnet a600 won't extrude
September 12, 2014 06:22PM
Hi there,

Just recently got my printer 100% set up. One problem, the extruder will hardly extrude any material. It does at a very slow rate and if I actually put manual pressure on the PLA that is feeding into the extruder it works just fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Re: aworldnet a600 won't extrude
September 15, 2014 10:03AM
How did you do the wiring? I am unable to get my extruder motor to run at all. Could you send a picture of just the extruder wiring? The motor works as I tested it.
September 15, 2014 11:54PM
Md
Hi there,

Just recently got my printer 100% set up. One problem, the extruder will hardly extrude any material. It does at a very slow rate and if I actually put manual pressure on the PLA that is feeding into the extruder it works just fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like your hobbed bolt needs tightining. Not sure which coldend the aworldnet a600 has but there should be some tensioning bolts on the side.

Thanks Mike
January 15, 2015 04:48PM
The A600 uses a spring to apply tension between the roller bearing and the motor shaft.
The build instructions just show a spring being inserted into the assembly, but there are 2 lengths of spring supplied, you have to ensure you use the longer spring that provides more pressure on the filament and should lead to a dependable flow of extruded material.

Dave
January 23, 2015 11:36PM
I believe the AWorldnet a600 uses a side-mounted stepper motor into a direct drive extruder (like a QU-BD).
I have a couple of Aurora a605's that came like that.

I don't care for them - I've replaced them with Gregs Wade extruder (and replaced the controller boards w/ RAMPS 1.4 units)
- I found that I had to adjust the current on the RAMPS board and tighten the filament tension screw all the way down.

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login