Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick Question: Can Glue something to the back of my RPI/Arduino?

Posted by kfootball15 
Quick Question: Can Glue something to the back of my RPI/Arduino?
September 12, 2014 05:50PM
Never really thought about this before, but I'd like to glue some velcro to the back of my Raspberry Pi and Arduino setup to help position them in a way that is also removeable.

Is it okay to glue stuff to the pack of them?
Re: Quick Question: Can Glue something to the back of my RPI/Arduino?
September 12, 2014 06:38PM
Ive glued arduino boards to backing boards many times.
As long as everything is insulated, no part of the board is going to touch a conductor, youre fine.
Ive used velcro so they are removable and thick double sided pads many times to fix them in place for a project.

Not the most elegant of solutions but nothing wrong with it.
A slightl more elegant solution is some form of clip in frame or bracket as its better to look at and more secure.
You could always then velcro or glue the frame to the backing.
Then theres no need for cleaning the gunk off if you repurpose the board.

Gordon
September 13, 2014 10:59AM
Why not check Thingiverse (when the site is back online) to see if anyone has made a 4-posted mounting plate? I know that there is one for the Azteeg X5 Mini, and it could be used with velcro on the back of the plate or screwed to an extrusion.....
September 13, 2014 12:54PM
i'm more for a mount that is removable. Velcro could generate a massive static charge, so be careful. supper glue likely will work but the traces on the board could be pulled off if trying to remove board. If you do not want to create a mount then 2 side sticky tape is a good way to go. make sure that it is not attached to a metal surface, as there is a chance of short.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login