Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IN URGENT NEED OF BUDASCHNOZZLE TYPE HOT END - LONDON

Posted by trini.guz 
IN URGENT NEED OF BUDASCHNOZZLE TYPE HOT END - LONDON
September 08, 2014 10:29AM
Hi! I'm based in London and in an urgent need of a Hot End - Budaschnozzle or similar type (I enclosed asample picture). I am able to pay any price for it.

It is for an university project due in two weeks! We are extruding filaments with the assistance of an ABB robotic arm. Our current nozzle-part has broken.

I appreciate any help from the community. It will be well rewarded.

Kind regards,

Trini

Re: IN URGENT NEED OF BUDASCHNOZZLE TYPE HOT END - LONDON
September 08, 2014 05:33PM
I have a slightly older version kicking around that I don't use any more. It's got the older version of the heat sink on it, not the finned one, but you're welcome to it.

Alternatively, if you want a new one, you should be able to get one from Gadgets3D's European warehouse in fairly short order. Linky.

PM me your details if you want mine. I can pop it in the post tomorrow (Tuesday).

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
September 08, 2014 10:42PM
3dkarma, one thing that's important to note is that the wire harness is different between a v1.x and a v2.0 like on the picture. Taken from the Luzbot website:

For users upgrading a LulzBot AO-101 (comment by NormandC: the AO-101 had a v1.3 hot end) you will need to replace the entire wire harness for the connections have changed. Use the included wiring harness and connect the red wire pair to the hot end connection and the orange wire pair to the thermistor connection.

Trini, if you're willing to pay "any price for it" and lead time is an issue, you might want to check with Lulzbot directly. They are the original makers of the Budaschnozzle, and they have a warehouse in London.
September 09, 2014 11:37AM
I had 2 schnozzles- do yourself a favor and get a E3D
September 10, 2014 03:09PM
An E3D which is well known for clogging with PLA? A J-Head would be a far better universal choice if sticking to PLA/ABS, Buda also since they both use the liners and are very reliable with both plastics.
September 11, 2014 04:25PM
Did you get your buda? I have one which I guess you can have if it helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login