Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to: 5 axis CNC stepper controller conversion to 3d printing?

Posted by simspeed 
How to: 5 axis CNC stepper controller conversion to 3d printing?
August 20, 2014 09:49PM
I'm looking at an inexpensive 5 axis cnc stepper motor driver controller board from StepperOnline.com for a 3d printer...what interface would be needed to use an Azteeg X5 mini microcontroller to run Smoothieware, or a BBB or PCduino3 32 bit microcontroller using LinuxCnc to run that particular CNC stepper controller for 3d printing? Thanks...
Re: How to: 5 axis CNC stepper controller conversion to 3d printing?
August 21, 2014 07:54AM
My Azteeg X5 mini came w/ Smoothieware pre-installed.

The X5 mini is a 32 bit ARM based Motion controller for 3D printers, CNC Machines and Laser cutters. The X5 mini runs on Smoothieware firmware and is based on Smoothieboard by the awesome Arthur Wolf.

I believe it's easy to swap in a different firmware (AIUI it's just a file on the Micro SD card).
Re: How to: 5 axis CNC stepper controller conversion to 3d printing?
August 21, 2014 01:30PM
Thanks Will...thanks for your comment. I should have made it clearer, I am really looking I think for a hardware tie-in rather than software solution to use microprocessors like the Azteeg X5, BBB, pcDuino with the CNC 5 axis stepper board. Smoothieware or LinuxCNC are control software that I want to use for my scara printer adaptation, I'm just looking to see if anyone will comment on how possibly to use the Azteeg X5, BBB, or pcDuino3 with the 5 axis CNC board from stepperonline.com. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login