Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heated bed slow, Arduino board fried, and possible power supply issue.

Posted by wingnut1000 
Heated bed slow, Arduino board fried, and possible power supply issue.
July 27, 2014 03:37AM
Hi all, thanks for the read...

Purchased a Prusa i3v 8" build area from makerfarm. Have been upgrading and tinkering with it for 3 weeks now. Printed and installed the improved hexagon cooling system and the Z probe servo mount for auto bed leveling. The heated bed takes AGES to heat up. Average is about 30 minutes from room temp to 110 for printing ABS. Print bed is 3/16" borosilicate with aluminum foil/cardboard underneath for insulation. Power supply is 12V DC 30A PSU found here... Anything I can do to speed up the bed heat time? PSU strong enough? Can I test with a volt meter to ensure PSU is outputting correctly? I'm currently looking into building an enclosure for it but it's not possible ATM. I also plan to rig up some LED's and possibly some additional cooling fan for printing PLA, should be fine right?

Also Arduino board fried on me yesterday, looks like the USB controller burnt up. Can control using LCD screen but PC will not recognize board now.

Smelt burning PCB after powering on, pulled power and USB connection to PC. USB cable was hot.
May be defective board, waiting word from makerfarm to see if they will warranty.
Anything I can do to prevent this in the future? Possible fault of PSU?

Any direction is much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login