Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bed won't shut off Rambo/Marlin

Posted by charlieRC 
bed won't shut off Rambo/Marlin
July 26, 2014 05:17PM
I am building a new printer of my own design. Mechanically, it seems to be working perfectly. I am using the Rambo board and Marlin firmware. I have tested the motors and seems to work find, but I noticed that the bed heater was on and using pronterface, I tried to turn the heater off to no success. I am using exactly the same copy of Marlin that I used on my regular reprap and it seems to work fine on that machine. I have another Rambo board so I tried switching boards but the problem persisted.

Can anyone give me a clue what to look at to be able to turn off the bed when I am not ready for it to be on?

Charlie
Re: bed won't shut off Rambo/Marlin
July 26, 2014 05:55PM
is the bed wired up correctly?, have you inspected the ramps board for solder pieces and conductive particulate that should not be there?

is the motherboard selection in configuration.h set for rambo?

problem is likely something simple is overlooked. once that is done upload your firmware at least the configuration.h, and pins.h and some one will take a look at that.

any ideas from anyone else?
July 26, 2014 06:23PM
jamesdanielv
is the bed wired up correctly?, have you inspected the ramps board for solder pieces and conductive particulate that should not be there?

is the motherboard selection in configuration.h set for rambo?

problem is likely something simple is overlooked. once that is done upload your firmware at least the configuration.h, and pins.h and some one will take a look at that.

any ideas from anyone else?
Not sure how the bed could be wired incorrectly....just two un polerized wires and a single place on the Rambo to plug them in.
Yes, set to 301 for the Rambo.
Since I got the same result with two separate boards, I have to assume you are right about it being in the configuration. Just can't find anything that is out of whack. Also, this is EXACTLY the same version of the firmware that I am running on my original prusa (but with an earlier version of the Rambo)

Of one thing I am sure... In the end, I will be slapping my forehead saying. "How the hell did I miss that"
July 26, 2014 08:42PM
jamesdanielv : Here are the configuration.h and pins.h files. I may not know enough to spot something I should.

Configuration.h

pins.h

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 11:14AM by charlieRC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login