Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Win 7 doesn't recognize Azteeg X5

Posted by RC-CnC 
Win 7 doesn't recognize Azteeg X5
July 25, 2014 09:05PM
Hey fellas I'm in need of some assistance.

Smoothie in new to me Win 7 doesn't recognize Azteeg X5 or uSD card when plugged in USB power led on and the first 4 leds are steady on

Win 7 does "see" the uSD card has the firmware.bin and config.txt
Re: Win 7 doesn't recognize Azteeg X5
July 26, 2014 08:03AM
Have you installed the drivers?

[smoothieware.org]

I had to do them by hand for Windows vista
July 26, 2014 10:39AM
Ditto what WIllAdams said about the drivers. I had to install them manually on Win7 as well, since the package that was labeled for 32-bit Win7 appeared to want to run on 64-bit for some reason. (My primary computer is a Mac, and I connected it to Windows just to see how the drivers worked after it was configured and printing from the Mac.)

A common gotcha with the X5 is using a sample config.txt file for a Smoothieboard, and a symptom is that the USB port does not work.

The four LEDs being steady on when booting the X5 from microSD does not sound good. When you put the microSD card into the slot and power up the board, the first thing that it does is copy firmware.bin into flash and then rename the file to firmware.cur. If you pull the card and look at it on your PC, did this rename take place? If not, there is something wrong with the board, or perhaps it cannot read the microSD card's format. Did you buy the card from Panucatt with the board, or did it come from somewhere else?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 10:40AM by vreihen.
July 26, 2014 09:07PM
The SD came with the board from Panucatt. Removed uSD the firmware.bin was not renamed. I did run the installer for the drivers, maybe that didn't work. I plugged in the board without the card and the same four lights still are steady on. Previously I checked device manager and there was nothing in the list, even after I scanned for hardware
July 26, 2014 09:10PM
Geez I feel real stupid!!!! Did you know you can put the uSD card in upside down....UGH...middle 2 leds are now blinking in unison
July 27, 2014 12:44AM
# Example for reprap discount GLCD
# on glcd EXP1 is to left and EXP2 is to right, pin 1 is bottom left, pin 2 is top left etc.
# +5v is EXP1 pin 10, Gnd is EXP1 pin 9
#panel.lcd reprap_discount_glcd #
#panel.spi_channel 0 # pins 0.18, 0.15 ; GLCD EXP1 Pins 3,5 (MOSI, SCLK)
#panel.spi_cs_pin 0.16 # spi chip select ; GLCD EXP1 Pin 4
#panel.encoder_a_pin 3.25!^ # encoder pin ; GLCD EXP2 Pin 3
#panel.encoder_b_pin 3.26!^ # encoder pin ; GLCD EXP2 Pin 5
#panel.click_button_pin 2.11!^ # click button ; GLCD EXP1 Pin 2
#panel.buzz_pin 1.31 # pin for buzzer ; GLCD EXP1 Pin 1
#panel.button_pause_pin 4.29^ # kill/pause ; GLCD EXP2 Pin 8 either
#panel.back_button_pin 4.29!^ # back button ; GLCD EXP2 Pin 8 or

Can I assign enc a pin and enc b pin to 1.22 and 1.23 respectively?
July 27, 2014 12:33PM
Why do you want to move the pins from their current assignments? Are you trying to make some sort of clean connector board that fits over the expansion ports and interfaces to the RRD GLCD?

Just a a side note, myself and others have had problems with the Azteeg X5's +5V internal power providing enough voltage to run a GLCD display. Some are powering the display from their external power supply's 5V rail. Mine worked about 85% reliably with the board powered via USB, but even then it would start displaying gibberish after a few minutes. Running from internal power, I was lucky for it to display a splash screen on boot, that either faded to a blank screen or random gibberish within 15-30 seconds. I wanted to design an adapter piggyback board to clean up the connectors, so I haven't looked into this any deeper for now.....
July 27, 2014 03:52PM
Yeah I was trying to clean up the connector orientation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login