Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My first 3d printer problem with Marlin firmware.moody smiley

Posted by Aeroaustin 
My first 3d printer problem with Marlin firmware.moody smiley
July 25, 2014 08:00PM
Hello RepRap Community,

This is my first time post this, I am not sure where is the right category to post this about problem I have.

This is my first 3D printer club. Before the start with this, I am engineering student who study in mechanical, I am not expert in that kind of software or ITT area. I am in designs to build to test it. I need to build some parts for my project(s).

Start with I built a Reprap Wilson TS 3D printer and the person told me Arduino Mega with Ramps is much easier than other Board, and guess that I got Sainsmart Ramps 1.4 with LCD. I downloaded from

[s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com]

After installed firmware then I changed the mechanical setting for AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT and MAX FEEDRATE.

also I am using pronterface sotware. I have face the problem with endstops, There is no recognized or connected by pronterface when I want to set up the home or auto home for 3d printer but the all axis stepper motors kept hit and still running not stop when it hit endstops.

The wiring on endstop, the black connect to COM terminal and the red connect to NO (open) and plug in to X- Y- Z+. I am not sure if the correct pin, That's what I get it from image diagram.

I tried with five different Marlin Firmware but no lucky to resolve the problem. Some firmware don't allow the direction change, only one direction in postive only, I can't turn in negative.

Hope someone of this community can help me to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Aeroaustin
Re: My first 3d printer problem with Marlin firmware.moody smiley
July 26, 2014 08:41AM
Traditionally endstops are wired as NC, in order to avoid connection accidents. You can use M119 to debug your endstops, an output showing the status for each endstop will show up.

http://www.i3d.ro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login