Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

buda style nozzles

Posted by hitman1131 
buda style nozzles
July 19, 2014 10:31PM
anyone running buda style nozzles by lulzbot?

im looking to upgrade from my j-head as its give me a lot of trouble over the years.

I am unsure of the difference between buda v1.2 and v2.0 other then the heat sink.

is it worth the extra money to get the 2.0?

im printing with 3mm abs mostly but would like to start trying other filaments especially the ninja flex smiling smiley

cheers ash.
Re: buda style nozzles
July 20, 2014 07:32PM
A real J-head or a clone?
J-heads have very few points of failure, while a Buda... Rube Goldberg couldn't design anything more complex.

I watched a bunch of noobs struggle with a Buda (ultimately destroying it) and then do great with a J-head.
July 20, 2014 11:54PM
I am on my 3rd Buda (1 v1 and 2 v2). They work good when they work but have limitations (like 240c max) and when they do have any issues you are pretty much going to have to change the whole thing. I bought an E3D hotend and when (not if) my Buda fails next time I am switching over to the E3D.
July 21, 2014 02:03PM
I like the Buda, it works really well and is pretty reliable. That said, I think the design has some faults. I chose not to use one with my DIY TAZ. They work really nicely when they're working, but are big, can't get particularly hot, and have potential for clogging.

I also don't particularly like the E3D that I purchased to use instead. I haven't been able to get it to extrude reliably, and having to have a fan on all the time is annoying.

My plan is to go with an Ubis + Printrbot Aluminum extruder, because that always worked really well for me on my Simple Metal.
July 24, 2014 11:10PM
hitman1131
I am unsure of the difference between buda v1.2 and v2.0 other then the heat sink.

Among other things the v2.0 has a bigger (or coarser) thread to apparently make it more sturdy. But you can have a look at [downloads.lulzbot.com], all their plans are there so you can compare them.

hitman1131
is it worth the extra money to get the 2.0?

This is irrelevant, the v1.2 has been discontinued for more than a year. Unless you are talking of buying a buda clone from another vendor.

hitman1131
im printing with 3mm abs mostly but would like to start trying other filaments especially the ninja flex smiling smiley

Lulzbot has made an extruder based on the Greg's Wade Reloaded specifically to extrude NinjaFlex, the Flexistruder, but it works with regular filament too. Files are available in [devel.lulzbot.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login