Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for some extruder opinions.

Posted by Rooski 
Looking for some extruder opinions.
July 04, 2014 02:55PM
So after some time away im coming back to this seemingly never ending project (started a few years ago :x ).
Well ive decided to lay some cash into it. this is what i currently have and as you can see its barely been holding itself together.

Im looking for a new carraige, extruder, and nozzle.

The extruder and carriage should be very solid and the nozzle reliable , I've had too much trouble with mine.
Price is no object here. i want to get it done and printing reliably .
Also im running Gen6 electronics and this is a prusa v2 i think , the one with the 2 z nemas.

so any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 03:00PM by Rooski.
Re: Looking for some extruder opinions.
July 09, 2014 04:46PM
Anyone hear anything about these ?
[www.ebay.com]

Chinese but seems much more solid than what I have... any input would be appreciated.
July 17, 2014 02:00PM
That looks pretty awesome to me, keep in mind that that looks to be a direct drive extruder so you might have some trouble extruding 3mm filament.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
July 19, 2014 02:49PM
Id go for a Flex3drive myself IF i can get the f***ing things shipped.
July 20, 2014 07:27PM
That is direct driven, it's pretty much an Airtripper.
Fine if you use a .5mm nozzle. Beyond that, most motors will struggle a bit to push filament through it. After having gear reduction, you probably won't like going without it. Hot ends are tricky enough and all metal ones are even trickier to get right. Geeetech isn't exactly known as a shining beacon of quality, though I hear their J-heads work decent.

If it was me, I would print a new carriage and extruder (there are many to choose from) and spend the money on a real J-head or maybe try the new Prusa nozzle (v2).
July 20, 2014 11:27PM
Yeah I went that route. Printing new lm8uu carraige and geared wades for an e3dv6 1.75 hotend.

I've got an entire spool of red 3mm to use up beforehand :\
July 20, 2014 11:38PM
95 £ is a bit much for me to pay on new 3d tech. The flex3ddrive looks fantastic but I just want my little printer to work.
July 20, 2014 11:58PM
Rooski
95 £ is a bit much for me to pay on new 3d tech. The flex3ddrive looks fantastic but I just want my little printer to work.

how does $38Aud sound? with free shipping (see link in sig)

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 22, 2014 07:29PM
thejollygrimreaper
Rooski

Nice shop, same software as Robotdigg I assume?

Does your Aluhotend also do 1.75mm PLA well?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 22, 2014 09:04PM
Ohmarinus
thejollygrimreaper
Rooski

Nice shop, same software as Robotdigg I assume?

Does your Aluhotend also do 1.75mm PLA well?

both the 3mm and 1.75mm do pla very well

the website software uses the shopify platform which is the same as what robotdigg uses, it's not a bad platform to use but i wish they'd make the updating shipping prices a little easier and quicker

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login