Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flexidrive is Flex3Drive Early Birds

Posted by Mutley3D 
Re: Flexidrive is Flex3Drive Early Birds
September 24, 2016 05:55AM
MechaBits
They look almost injection molded, good luck.

Thanks. They are all printed using a Flex3Drive. On PrintBite, Black ABS, 0.12 layer heights, no brim, no post processing. Straight from print to assembly.
October 17, 2016 11:22PM
I have a mini kossel and I'm looking for a better extruder any good video showing flex3drive working on a mini kossel? Also flex3drive comes with an effector?
October 18, 2016 06:47AM
Hi im building a mini kossel with one on but at moment i have been busy ill will in the next 2 weeks i get a video up once calibrated

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
October 18, 2016 10:53AM
Thanks!
The link for your blog is not working.
October 18, 2016 08:43PM
I can'r help with the blog issue but can confirm the Mini Kossel version of Flex3drive does apparently come with it's own effector, according to...

[flex3drive.com]
October 18, 2016 10:12PM
The building plates look really good, I think I'm getting one for my prusa and another one for my mini kossel.
October 19, 2016 05:44AM
Heres mine

Yeah thanks for that i recently changed a the blog name sligthly thanks for noticing theres not much content on it anyways as been busy doing alot of things past cpl of years
f3baAtdh.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 05:49AM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
October 20, 2016 06:22PM
I just took a quick video ... All the clear plastic fan mount etc below the black effector/ extruder is my own, not that which came with the kit (I was using a 24V fan that was bigger than the one the kit mount was designed for) hope this helps!
Kossel mini with flex3drive in action

Cheers,
Robin.
October 20, 2016 11:27PM
I want something thats better than the normal bowden setup which is good for a 3mm filament but not good for 1.75mm, ABS prints ok not PLA...always jamming and I tried different brands of filament, the flex3drive looks like a winner for softer filament. I have a prusa i3 in my garage and I print only ABS but the mini kossel is inside the house and I print only PLA because the fumes.
Thats a big ass fan grinning smiley
October 20, 2016 11:41PM
I checked your blog and you stopped for more than a year... let me guess, married? Kids? smiling smiley For your bed you could buy PEI (mine is a 0.8mm thick glued to the glass) which I have on my printer and you don't need anymore any spray, tape or glue to hold your printouts, the flexi3drive sales the building plate which I may buy as well because I need to replace mine after in the beginning I used a sharp blade to remove the stuff I printed out when the bed was still hot - patience is not in my name.
October 21, 2016 12:19AM
slanwar: Ill have info and vid for you, just clearing a couple of things here first.

zedsquared: looking good there.

chriss33: looking good there aswell.

more to come....
October 21, 2016 03:43AM
What glue do you use to stick PEI to glass?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 21, 2016 08:43AM
I used 3M 468MP high temperature adhesive transfer tape, hard to use as hell, tried to use the entire sheet so would cover the PEI but end up cutting small strips.
October 21, 2016 08:45AM
I forgot to ask but will the auto-calibration work?
October 21, 2016 09:18AM
slanwar
I used 3M 468MP high temperature adhesive transfer tape, hard to use as hell, tried to use the entire sheet so would cover the PEI but end up cutting small strips.

Great, I have a reel of that 20mm wide.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 21, 2016 09:49AM
regarding the self levelling. The Flex3Drive for Kossel Mini comes with fittings that have attachment points for the DC42 IR self levelling probe so this will all fit as standard. with the Flex3Drive. Also the PrintBite comes with its own adhesive backing attached - just peel and stick.
October 21, 2016 10:13AM
I just ordered the printbite for my Prusa i3 let see how that works.
October 28, 2016 12:24AM
Slanwar - PB will be on its way. Thank you. I managed to find some time to get some other stuff completed as you can see below, on the KosselFlex smiling smiley I have also included a couple of other images I thought worth sharing. This post should address a couple of questions I have had recently about retraction performance on the Flex3Drive, aswell as the request for Kossel Mini info.

Here is the hotend fan shroud for the Flex3Drive G4 Kossel Mini. It fits under the end effector (stating the somewhat obvious). The brass inserts are for M2.5 screws to hold the print cooling ducts and fans in place. Two fans horizontally opposed, with a third fan self contained within the cowl for hotend cooling. The cowl was printed in Black ABS on the Kossel.

This image shows the complete installation printing Aria the Singing Dragon by the wonderfully talented Loubie from Thingiverse. Printing in unknown old crusty black PLA, needless to say the print didnt actually finish do to a self destruct when printing one of Arias legs, the cause I will point out in the next image

Here is a profile shot of the print cooling fans. Just a tiny bit too low. The self destruct occured because on this installation the fan caught a very slight curl on a leg, because the ducts are probably a mm or two too low, so I have subsequently reworked them and they are now good. It was tricky to get the right trajectory of the ducts so as to cool the print as efficiently as possible, but without actually blowing onto the nozzle tip. the other consideration was ensuring the maximum possible printing area was maintained. I think 165mm of the available 170mm can be printed on without intersecting the belts or extrusions with the fans.

So thats a nice little installation that im very happy with now in design terms, for the Kossel Mini Flex3Drive. Fans, ducts, shroud. aswell as the end effector and extruder assembly, aswell as motor mount and other ancillary items are all part of the Kossel Mini Flex3Drive product. There is also a very short clip of the start of the installation lap here (for you slanwar smiling smiley ) It is only a short clip but I will get a better clip in the coming days.

Thought I would also share a couple of voronoi prints, completed on the Ultimaker UM2 Flex3Drive. The large brown is done in an old Bronze PLA (not Bronzefill) from RepRapSource in Germany. Its very old filament, but came out quite well. The shown item is not post processed or cleaned up at all aside from removing the inbuilt support struts that are part of the model. This was a 20+ hour print 0.12mm layer height. The Orange is 3DFilaPrint Premium brand (I think) ABS 8 hour print @ 0.2mm LH. The small brown one was done on the UM2 also, and is probably just at the minimum size, i think it was 30 or 35% scale down. Last but not least is the little red fella, printed on the Kossel with a 0.25 nozzle, and i think at 20% scale.. It is 19-20mm tall. Im pretty pleased with how it has come out, probably now pushing the limits of plastic, but i have some smaller nozzles on the way for kicks and giggles smiling smiley

And here is a work of art from user MTVDNA over on 3dprintingforum.us original post here and reproduced with kind permission. This is simply stunning, printed using Flex3Drive on a UM2 with Makerpoint Pearl Gold PLA. This was a 24+ hour print.

Aria the Singing Dragon is by Loubie on Thingiverse

The Skulls are the skull lamp by Shiuan on Thingiverse

The Vornonoi Yoda is by 3Dizingof over on Youmagine

Flex3Drive.com
October 28, 2016 08:52AM
Some impressive printouts but printing for more than 24 hours eye popping smiley are the fan mounts part the kit?
October 28, 2016 09:20AM
I was checking your site and to order I will have to specify the hotend i'm using and thats my problem righ now, I don't like what I have right now on my mini kossel and I'm not sure if I should buy a j-head or another type (original and not clones).
October 28, 2016 05:53PM
I just ordered the Prometheus V2 hot end, I saw on your list that fits the flex3drive, today my hot end got stuck again and I had to remove the all assembly again so I gave up on this chinese cheap hot ends, is always a nightmare to calibrate this printer.
October 28, 2016 07:06PM
Slanwar, the Prometheus utilisies the same groovemount spec as the JHead, so just select JHead option and put a note in with the order that you have a Prometheus, and the correct cooling fan shroud will be supplied, as this differs for different hotends. However it does appear you wont need to use the fan shroud if using the Prometheus spec fan.

For prints of extended printing time one must have trust in their machine, which should be well built with good and original components from original developers or resellers of OEM parts so then you can be assured of quality, leading to reliability.

Flex3Drive.com
October 28, 2016 10:27PM
Just ordered the flex3drive for my mini kossel and I ordered the PB as well, any idea how long would take to get here? Crap I forgot to request a color... give me any color thats not black but if I have to wait then black is good grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 10:29PM by slanwar.
October 29, 2016 10:18AM
Great work, and nice prints. Those veronoi style prints are very tough on the extruder/hotend, especially in pla, so that's an excellent proof point.
November 03, 2016 11:49AM
Question about the IR self leveling, the IR doesn't work with PEI - Sensors, so is the PrintBite made with PEI?
November 03, 2016 11:53AM
Discard my question I went to david's blog and said works fine with printbite.
November 03, 2016 03:49PM
Deleted.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2016 06:03PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 17, 2016 11:57PM
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 09:37AM by slanwar.
November 17, 2016 11:57PM
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 09:38AM by slanwar.
November 18, 2016 09:43AM
Hi All,

I got mine thru a few weeks back (was on holiday!) and super excited to get it fitted to my printer, however I have looked at the website and it's changed loads since I ordered and there are no longer fitting instructions at the moment anyway. SO has anyone fitted one to a RepRapPro Mendle and if so how did they mount the head to the axis? Also I have a JHead hot end which sits nicely in the head next to the small fan but is there a way it's secured as I can not see how?

Thanks

Cliff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login