Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CALL FOR ALL REPRAPPERS – MAKER FAIRE 2010 IN NEWCASTLE, UK

Posted by BodgeIt 
CALL FOR ALL REPRAPPERS – MAKER FAIRE 2010 IN NEWCASTLE, UK
January 31, 2010 06:55PM
Great news for all us Reprappers! I have been lucky enough to be allocated a stand at MAKER FAIRE 2010 in Newcastle, UK. This is the second one to be held here following its success in 2009 which had a great response and caught the attention of the BBC!

I have been initially allocated a 3x3m slot but can request more space if needed. It will have internet connection which will be useful to hook up to other colleagues around the world during the show if necessary. I have until 8th February to submit my requirements for the show.

Throughout the two days (i.e. 13th and 14th March) I will also be able to hold 30 minute demonstrations on how it works and source of suppliers.

At the moment I am just buzzing with the news as I know from previous experience doing computer fair shows how much can be gained and this kind of thing attracts lots of publicity. Thus I believe this could be a brilliant opportunity for us RepRappers to promote the project further in the UK and presumably as a result also worldwide!

Maybe this is also a good way for us Reprappers in the UK to get together? … make it a yearly meet up? What do you think?

Current Ideas

Last year someone 3D-printed ornaments! Personally I would like to do something a bit more spectacular to capture everyone’s imagination.

Duy Nguyen had a good suggestion of people printing specific parts and mailing them to one location to be assembled into something … I think this would be good if Reprappers around the world could print a specific Reprap part, send it to the show and then it is assembled into a Reprap machine.

The only thing I don’t know is if there are enough of us out there that can actually print all the actual parts in time for the show?

I also liked Gene Hacker’s suggestion of “Teleporting” objects as it was what I also had in mind. Maybe the Reprap assembled at the show can demonstrate how it works by printing something sent from another country or replicating one of its parts?

So what I am looking for at the moment is:

• To hear from Reprapper’s that can actually print Reprap parts
  • Volunteers, ideas and suggestions for the “Teleport” demonstration
  • Submission of Videos, images, artwork etc that can be displayed during the show e.g. could be of those printing the reprap parts for the show! Or other related interesting things? … open to suggestions but remember only 30 minutes allowed for video demos!
  • Any UK Reprapper’s that have a machine they would like to bring and demonstrate at the show or those that would like to accompany us to or meet us at the show?
  • We will need to have between 6-8 people+ on the stand at the show so any volunteers to help out would be greatly welcomed.
  • As much help and support from fellow Reprappers to make this opportunity a big success!

Please note the stand is strictly not commercial so no offers to sell products please. However, I am not sure, but will find out if promotional material can be displayed on the stand which I will be happy to do.

It would be really good if some of the members of the UK Core Team could attend!!!

Deadline for suggestions, volunteers, demonstrators and participants that are interested is 5th February 2010 as I will need time to collate everything and contact everyone to make arrangements prior to my requirements submission on 8th February.

So RepRappers get your thinking caps on and either post your comments here on the forum and/or email me at makerfaire2010@bodgeitquick.co.uk

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Re: CALL FOR ALL REPRAPPERS – MAKER FAIRE 2010 IN NEWCASTLE, UK
February 11, 2010 04:32PM
I have a working RepRap and I'd be willing to send you something to be assembled at that show. Send me a PM if you decide to do it.

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
Re: CALL FOR ALL REPRAPPERS – MAKER FAIRE 2010 IN NEWCASTLE, UK
February 15, 2010 12:27AM
Bodge It[/i} I'll do up an announcement on the front page of the blog in the next 24 hours. I apologize for not doing so earlier, as we could say "Bring your RepStrap and attend for Free". sad smiley It was careless of me.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login